Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I am the most glamorous dawkter's wife...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am the most glamorous dawkter's wife...

Went to visit DH at work today, brought dinner. We were sitting next to each other on the call bed with DD's box of milk between us. He leans over to give me a kiss, crushes the milk, and it sprays all over my pants. I not only have milk dripping down both legs, but it looks like my water broke After DH trying to convince me that it wasn't that bad, I realized that there were probably clean scrub pants in the room for me to wear!

What are some of your most glamorous moments?
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Lol, oh no GRU!

Mine was probably last year when we both worked at the same hospital. I had a terrible migraine one day and just looked like death warmed over. White as a sheet, puffy eyes, walking like every step was the most painful of my life. I left early and on my way out ran into DH and his entire surgical team going to see a patient. This hospital is huge, I'd never crossed his team's path before or since. Of course.
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

DH and I worked in the same hospital during his fellowship. i was pregnant and exhausted one day so I begged him to let me into the call room so I could sleep during my lunch time.

Being in active labor and walking into the hospital where DH works. He stops to talk to coworkers and I am doubled over with contractions.

Going up to the unit where DH works pulling a wagon filled with girl scout cookies.
      Needs

Comment

When DH took me on rounds the morning after our first date and I had on the same clothes from the night before. Doing the walk of shame past the nurse's station was rad.
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I got to go to the windowless intern call room after my ultrasound on Friday.

And he gets free Starbucks bc he has so much hospital money so we bought me a breakfast sandwich.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Ok, so I've been trying to post this one for days. . . a few weeks ago, DrK and I met up with one of his future supervisors for lunch. This person will be one of the doctors directly supervising DrK when he starts The Job. This was the first time I was meeting anyone from The Job and we had our boys with us. We met at a burger place and the boys were exceptionally well behaved through lunch. (Whew!)

Toward the end of the meal, I take K1 to the bathroom. There was one stall and the toilet was too tall for him to stand in front of so he had to sit on it to do his business. I was helping him onto the toilet so he wouldn't fall in. Unfortunately, he hadn't pointed his "spout" down when he started and ended up peeing all over my pants. The whole way back to the table I was telling myself, "Just act natural. Return to the table, sit down quickly, don't say ANYTHING. No one will notice." This strategy worked pretty well as DrK and The Boss were finishing up.

As we are saying our good-byes to The Boss, DrK lifts K2 out of his high chair and holds him against his chest facing away from DrK. So, picture DrK and K2 both facing The Boss with K2's back resting on DrK's chest. We all shake The Boss's hand, exchange the usual pleasantries, and she leaves. I'm thinking, "Whew! I made it." The Boss was barely out the door when DrK turned to me and said, "K2 just crapped all over my shirt." (He'd had a diaper blow out and it was an awful mess.) I look at DrK and say, "That's okay. K1 pissed all over my leg."

So, there we are. The glamorous dawkter and his glamorous wife. Shaking hands with The Boss covered in human waste.
            Last edited by MrsK; 05-14-2013, 07:14 PM.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Dying, MrsK! When it rains...
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Best part was that DrK's strategy was the same as mine. Act natural, keep smiling, hold the baby in front of your poo covered shirt and hope The Boss doesn't notice.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                  Best part was that DrK's strategy was the same as mine. Act natural, keep smiling, hold the baby in front of your poo covered shirt and hope The Boss doesn't notice.
                  An obvious sign that you were meant to be together
                  Jen

Comment

Oh wow! That's awesome! Well done Dr. and MrsK!
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                      An obvious sign that you were meant to be together
                      This!!!!!

Omg...
                      sigpic
                      buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

:ROFL: MrsK you win.
                        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Lol wow, that's a doozy...

Comment

OMFG, MrsK -- I heart your Kkids stories.

When we moved into town for The Job last summer, we discovered a non-functional AC. In August. With 100F+ weather.

The people from the clinic were super nice and welcoming. Maybe a little too welcoming. Random people kept popping over unannounced to bring us welcome to the group gifts, which is very sweet. And annoying when you're braless and wearing as little as possible because it is so. fucking. hot.

DH's boss came over and brought us a nice bottle of wine and wanted to chat. I hadn't even showered, was braless, and trying to control our 130 lb. curious dog who REALLY wanted to taste DH's boss. Preferably on the face. Do you know how most people react to a gigantic dog lunging at their face?

Yeah, fun times.

Comment

Most glamorous moment? After Alex was born I had surgery and ended up needing to be catheterized. I had lost a lot of blood and I looked like hell. Thomas pushed me in a wheelchair down to the cafeteria for coffee (feed the addiction) and we ran into his program director and several residents. My catheter bag was hanging off of the side of the wheelchair, my hair was a wreck, I was in a gown that didn't fit me and was white as a ghost. I was so. embarrassed.
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X