Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Just One More Day 'Til Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just One More Day 'Til Vacation

This semester has been unusually exhausting. Luckily break starts tomorrow and then off to Florida. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Sadly, we both have school/work until Wednesday next week. We're staying home for thanksgiving and celebrating here, just the two of us. This will be the first time we've celebrated alone so I'm excited. Gonna be super relaxing and chill, hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Lucky you having a break and going to Florida! I'll work until next Wednesday, probably get a half-day off at the last minute if management is feeling generous, and then will feverishly clean and prep to have my family in town. They'll arrive halfway through the day on Thanksgiving, and then we have a few activities (museums, Christmas tree hunting) on the schedule for the weekend.
      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

We have the first holiday party of the season Friday night, then I am attending a retreat at church Sat-Sun (no phone, no internet), DH still has patients so the kids still have school next week (mean homeschooling mom), but we may do some things with the cousins too. The girls have ballet Mon and Tues. We have family pics the Sat after Thanksgiving, then the girls have rehearsal for a couple of hours and the girls and I have a tea (they are in costume, I'm in charge of props) on Sunday. Not a lot of downtime, but enough. We'll get time with family.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We're going out of town for a Thanksgiving lunch on Saturday, then having DD's birthday party on Sunday. I'm going to make a half-hearted attempt at potty training DD on Monday-Wednesday, but I'm not expecting much for another 6 months. We'll go to my family's house for Thanksgiving (DH is off Thanksgiving day), and when he gets off on Friday I'll leave the kids with him and meet my mom, aunt, and sister for some Black Friday shopping. We stay in a hotel together Friday night, and it's usually lots of fun.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We leave here Tuesday night and drive to St Louis and then Wednesday we drive on to Pittsburgh. We'll head back on Saturday night, hopefully we won't kill each other or my parents on the trip. The 6 of us are going in my 7 person SUV.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Staying in town. I'm working through Wed. No finance dude, getting that testing done by "the end of the month" isn't going to happen when we talk about it today
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

DH has Saturday through Weds off but is working Thanksgiving and beyond. I neither want to host a dinner without him (we've hosted family for the past 3 years) nor leave town without him, so it'll probably be me, the kids, and some hot dogs on T-day. We'll go visit my parents early in the week, since we haven't seen them in a couple months due to a long road trip they took.
                Alison

Comment

I plan to homeschool my daughter most of the week to catch up for our mission trip. Hubby is on call this weekend and around Thanksgiving, so we will have our dinner on Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving. I will start decorating for Christmas. I need to get the luncheon plans figured out for my children's choir Christmas concert. I may plan for the spring semester of the class I am teaching.

Oh..how could I forget, I'll enjoy watching football and catching up with my oldest when he comes home from college on Tuesday!!!

Comment

DH has Thurs/Fri off. He wanted to go to Chicago. I reminded him that all we like to do is wander around the malls. He rethought his idea We'll probably deck the halls on Friday. We're not doing traditional Thanksgiving dinner because it's just not worth it for the two of is!

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I just made an executive decision to give myself Wednesday and Monday off too. I don't know why I have so much trouble doing that... I have PTO to burn and I'll just lose it if I don't use it. My mom doesn't leave until Monday afternoon. Why was I even thinking about working? Done and done.
                      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Good call, MSB!
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised more people aren't taking a vacation. DH is on call the week of Christmas so this is our "chance" to see family. Hard to imagine, I know, that I wasn't able to convince anyone to leave the sunshine state to spend Christmas in the beautiful Midwest....

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving!

Comment

This is the first year in over ten that DH is not working on Thanksgiving (he usually works the overnight so we can host dinner to whomever can come). We are headed to Chicagoland so we can see my family and the kids catch up with their cousins. I don't know if we'll ever be able to do this for Thanksgiving again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            -Deb
                            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                              This is the first year in over ten that DH is not working on Thanksgiving (he usually works the overnight so we can host dinner to whomever can come). We are headed to Chicagoland so we can see my family and the kids catch up with their cousins. I don't know if we'll ever be able to do this for Thanksgiving again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Good for you guys Deb! We'll actually be driving through Columbus (and a few other iMSN cities) on our I-70 adventure from KC to Pittsburgh!
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X