Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you love most about yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you love most about yourself?

Go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

My ability to find joy in and enjoy the small stuff.

No one can get as much out of a pumpkin spice latte as I can!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

My ability to keep stress and anxiety from consuming my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am a good, steady presence in my loved ones' lives. When the crap hits the fan, they all know that I've got their back.
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

What do you love most about yourself?

I've been thinking of this question for days. What do I even like about myself? My internal monologue is so negative. Every decent quality I might think I have, I can negate. I was determined to think of something that I truly love about myself. It's hard. It made me depressed to try to think of anything. Then it hit me.

I am a fucking awesome mother. I rock the shit out of motherhood.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm a lot of fun
            -Ladybug

Comment

I have no idea. I think others find me very reliable and tolerant.
              Needs

Comment

I like that I can be objective and always attempt to view things from another's perspective even when I am pissed or frustrated by the other person. However, I have been told that such makes me look cold and unfeeling since I tend to analyze things to death instead of breaking into sobs.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

My ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I have thoughts along the same lines as Heidi expressed above. Physically, there's almost nothing I can think to applaud myself on. Well, I like that my eyes are blue and my hair is brown - I've always liked my coloring. And while I used to complain that my hair was too thick and annoying, I know see how lucky I am to have long, thick hair that really can be styled a myriad of ways - if only I knew how to do most of those things. So yeah, I really like my hair...I think it's pretty. But that's so superficial. Mentally/emotionally, there's little I feel I can applaud myself on as well. I am very critical of myself and tend to be very negative about myself and who I am.

That said, I think my favorite thing about myself may be my ability and instinct to nurture people close to me. For DH and when we have guests/friends over (and even for our dog!), I love to provide an inviting and nurturing place to be...I love to feed people and make them feel welcome and comfortable in our home, like they family (even if they aren't family). I don't know if that's something to be proud of, but I hope it translates into motherhood if we decide to go that route...

And also...I guess I'd have to say that in spite of being what I consider introverted, I am comfortable, easy to talk to, and well spoken in social situations and have been told I'm "charming", so that's something I am proud of.
                    Last edited by WolfpackWife; 07-28-2014, 01:05 PM.
                    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I like that I pretty much have my shit together even when I don't feel like I have my shit together. I'm organized. I'm reliable. I get stuff done. Just wish I wasn't so stressed out about getting it all done. I mean, I know it's going to get done but there is this sense of urgency that overwhelms me until it gets done.
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I love that I've somehow been strong enough to survive this year without checking into a mental institution. I also like that I've taken the initiative to make new friends in our new city full fledged. We've made good friends with a couple that I messaged on FB (we had a mutual friend) and another mom that just moved here that I also met on FB is coming over tomorrow. I've made friends with people I've met at the library, park, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X