Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

manicure/pedicure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manicure/pedicure

Definitely a mood lifter!! My daughter talked me into a pedicure a few weeks ago and it was sheer heaven. Self-indulgant yes, but I have decided if I ever get to the point of having extra cash!!!!! I'l treat myself to this little luxary. Yesterday after working in the ER I came home and cut the grass, all I could think of after that was wanting to get a pedicure!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I love them. I get one every year right before summer sandal season, and wish I could have them more often! I'm also crazy for steam facials and massages. Lovely ways to feel good that don't involve chocolate! (Or, they can if you really want them to.) What color did you have put on your toes?

Comment

I just treated myself to one on Friday. I was in California on a survey and I had checked out of the hotel but it was too early to check in at the airport. I spied a salon across the street from the hotel and basically begged the woman to fit me in.

My feet were trashed from the marathon and I had hideous purple polish on my toes. I was flying down to LA to meet Rick to go to his nephew's wedding and I had these cute sandals to wear- so- 40 minutes and 23 bucks later I was out the door with tasteful salmon polish and feet that were soft, moisturized and looked nice!

I wish I had the time and $ for more treats but I'll take them when I can get them!

Jenn

Comment

I know I'm weird, but I don't enjoy pedicures! It really makes me uncomfortable to have people touching my feet. I go once in a while, though, because they look so much better afterward, but it's not for relaxation. I also don't like massages-- too ticklish.

I treated myself to a facial once and that was heavenly. Too bad they're so darn expensive!

Comment

I've actually never had a pedicure , and I can count on one hand the number of manicures I've had. I also feel a little strange about having people touch my feet, I'm not weird about my feet or anything, I just feel uncomfortable having something work on them that way.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I haven't had a pedicure either, and I've only had a manicure once! I hear they are wonderful, though!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Manicures are pretty much wasted on me. All the things I like to do (cooking, writing, gardening) make a manicure last about 20 minutes. (I can't garden with gloves on because I have to feel the roots and the soil.) I keep the nails totally cut off, and sometimes remember to put clear polish on them. I do like my toes to look good, though, especially in warm weather (which is year-round where I live). I have OPI's "Double Decker Red" on right now. It's a classic red and very cheerful!

Comment

I love, love pedicures. Manicures are lost on me, too, for the polish but I like to have my nails cleaned up. I wish I could splurge on that more often.
                My favorite color is OPI's Outback Aphrodisiac.

Comment

Working...
                X