Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Top Ten Favorite things about Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Favorite things about Fall

I absolutely love the different colors of the leaves. This is one of the reasons that we wanted to move somewhere with 4 seasons. Today driving along the Mississippi I had the most beautiful scenery to lok at....the leaves are every color of yellow, brown and red....the colors were all reflected up by the water...it was just gorgeous!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins...pumpkin pie, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin bread, pumpkin seeds, decorating pumpkins!

Comment

You don't by chance like...pumpkins, do you? :>

I like pumpkins too! I just bought two big ones for the front of the house!

kris

Comment

Oh! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS, Kris!!!! We do not get seasons here in AZ (unless you call seasons hot and d@mn hot) I grew up in IL and I miss it all so much I could just freak out. It's been years since I have smelled leaves burning while it is crisp outside, carved pumpkins that don't rot 2 days later b/c of the heat and seen all of the colors of autumn. Now I am missing it even more! Please enjoy every second of it for me.
        (sorry to seem so hmmmm, crazy about it all. DH is on a bad rotation and I am stuck home on fall break with 3 kids and no car b/c he wrecked his. That's another post. )

Comment

Jessica,

I'll take a pic and post it for you.

Comment

I love fall!

Leaves, pumpkin pie and jack o'lanterns, dressing up for Halloween, crisp air, apple-picking, and the Charlie Brown Halloween Special

Comment

I love yellow and rust-colored mums and running in this perfect weather.

Comment

I love jogging in the fall with the turned leaves too. I love pumpkins. I love Halloween. I love trick-or treating. There is not one thing I don't love about fall. I love being able to wear sweaters. October is a good month.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmom
                  DH is on a bad rotation and I am stuck home on fall break with 3 kids and no car b/c he wrecked his. That's another post. )
                  DH's car is in the shop too, so I'm also stuck at home. He's not on the best rotation either. I don't feel so bad about it anymore though, I do have beautiful leaves to look at. I would miss it so much if (when?) we had to move!

I think my favorite thing is going outside in a sweater and jeans and the smell of the air. Oh, and baking apple crisp...and then eating it while its still hot with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. And apple picking. Fall is my favorite time of the year.

Comment

Normally in the fall, I enjoyed the fact that we could turn off the AC and open some windows(ah, lower electric bills!!).....hmmm, not sure when that happens in Florida! But hey we did go swimming in our backyard today in the freakin 90 degree bright sun on Oct the 12th!!

Check back with me in a couple months, when you are all shovelling snow...

Comment

Waking up (and sleeping in late) in a toasty warm bed when the rest of the house is cold.

Erica

Comment

My favorites about Fall (in no particular order): Breaking out my sweaters, seeing the leaves change, the energy bill going down finally, the mosquitos dieing (although they haven't hear yet), Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner...
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Spring & Summer will be here soon.
                          Luanne
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We were in San Antonio for four years.....the leaves don't change there.

This is our fourth fall here......the leaves sort of change.

I grew up in Indiana.....the leaves are beautiful in the fall and I totally took it for granted when I lived there. I am SO looking forward to next fall when we are back there again......I am going to savor every bit of fall.

I also love the first nip in the air and the smell of a campfire in the fall.

And candy corn! (Good any time of year, but especially appropriate in fall. )

Sally
                            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sally, I like plain candy corn too and an occasional candy pumpkin. Funny though I don't like that candy corn with the brown top!

Comment

Working...
                              X