Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Joy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joy

Quick: What is bringing you joy right now in your life?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

The days getting longer and longer and abundant sunshine at 5 pm. Woohoo!! (I guess this is really unusual weather so I'm enjoying it while it's here).

Comment

Off the top of my head:

1. The smell and feel of sweet baby girl's head.
      2. The carefree happiness of my son that oozes out of him.
      3. My husband is home with me most nights!
      4. My parents are coming up in three weeks.
      5. Girl Scout cookie time!
      6. Beginning a new running program with a new pair of shoes.
      7. Recently finding some super cool books that I totally get lost in.

Kelly

Comment

Oh, we get more than one thing?

Ok....moving back in to our kitchen and cooking and baking up a storm. (Anyone want a pie? Cake? Cookies? Anybody?) Watching the kids play in the backyard and have fun with mud. Seeing the baby (I mean toddler ) try to imitate what her big sis is doing. Absolutely enjoying the super-sweet, helpful, enthusiastic stage that my older daughter is going through.

Comment

I'm getting married! To FH! He's awesome and he's gonna be my husband! La la la la la . . .
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Wow, that is happening soon, huh?
            Yeah, Julie!

:---

Comment

9.5 weeks. (Now we need another thread titled "Panic: What is bringing panic right now in your life?")

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

Comment

Julie,

"Panic: What is bringing panic to your life" is every other one of my posts!

Kelly

Comment

20 mg of Lexapro each day!

Actually, what is bringing me joy is the 15-30 minutes each night that I'm spending doing an activity with the girls after Mitchie-poo goes to bed. What a great way to end the day!

My little guy who seems to be in complete adoration of me and is starting to shout "ma ma ma ma".

My dh, who behaved like an absolute jerk last weekend, but who has done the dishes 3 nights in a row and is arranging for somebody to take his call once a week so I can attend a support group.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Julie,

I was just thinking about you and how your wedding date is fast approaching! Good luck with everything and don't panic! No matter what happens you'll be married.

Is it weird that my initial reaction to the question

was 'my dog'? Seriously, she is the princess of our house and the love of our lives right now. She is so sweet and affectionate, I can't imagine life without her.

Hmmm, what else...
                    - DH doesn't have another call night for another 2 weeks, and he has the next TWO weekends AND Easter weekend off (!)
                    - the anticipation of buying tickets and looking forward to seeing U2 in concert (they are my absolute favorite band ever and I've never seen them live!)
                    - the anticipation of warm weather ... gardening, evening walks, being able to use our screened-in porch again, sleeping with the windows open
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Re: Joy

My magical crockpot! How come I never knew these things were so awesome?

Yesterday, when we decided we wanted to eat dinner at 8:00, did I have to start at 7:15 with the chopping and the cooking and the stirring and the dirtying all those dishes? No. I was still working out at 7:30, followed by a nice relaxing shower, then stuffed peppers were just waiting for us all hot and delicious at 8:00! *insert hallelujah music here* All the dishes used in their preparation were already washed, and I got to ease into dinner all relaxed instead of harried. Tonight's curry lentil soup is being cooked in my kitchen right now and I'm not even there!

I hope whoever invented this thing got his or her much-deserved Nobel Prize.

Comment

That is funny Julie. I love the crock pot. There are some good cookbooks. Look for "Fix It And Forget It".
                        Luanne
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

How did I miss this the first time?

Joy: We're leaving in five days to go to Russia!

Panic: See above!

and what else- my animals, warming themselves in the sunshine. The fact that we finally HAVE sunshine. The fact that my husband NEVER has to do a rotation of adult neurology again. (we hope) You have no idea how cranky he gets dealing with Alzheimers and strokes...

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                          X