Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

And the Emmy goes to.... the iMSN crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Emmy goes to.... the iMSN crew

OK. Lori's gone and done it. In the Grey's Anatomy thread she suggests a TV show on .....us . Let's have some fun. Who plays you, who plays your spouse?

For me: Julianne Moore (with a little work )
    My spouse: Anthony LaPaglia (from Without a Trace...although he is a slightly younger version!)

Anybody else want to play?

(BTW-I think this is a fabulous idea. Sex in the City meets ER meets Desperate Housewives.......that's my pitch .
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Sounds good to me! I'd love to watch a show about us!
    I think my part could be played by Sandra Bullock (we could be twins!!! Just kidding, but I do have brown hair and a similar chin minus the dimple) and my dh could be played by whichever buff, bald, Filipino actor you can scrounge up.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

The woman who was the original Weakest link host- the nasty British one. Yup- that's me in ten years. If only I could develop the British accent but not a fake one like Madonna is sporting these days.

As for my spouse- facially he thinks he resembles Bryan Adams (not really but hey, it's his face) body wise, I would say any of those lovely young lads like Matt Damon- the ones with shoulders and waists...

Jenn

Comment

I will be played by Lucy Lawless, though for this role she will have to cut her hair in a bob with no bangs, wear brown contact lenses, and gain about 40 lbs.

FH will most definitely be played by Liam Neeson, who won't have to change much at all. (Oh, except Liam is older than I thought, so maybe he'll have to lose about 20 years.)
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

My husband would have to be played by a younger Nicholas Cage (if Cage could gain about 20 more lbs). My husband would KILL me if he read this because he HATES Nicholas Cage even though their appearance and mannerisms are very similar.

I haven't a clue as to who would play me. The only actress I've ever been compared to is Michelle Pfeiffer (which was QUITE a compliment because I think she's gorgeous) but you'd obviously have to knock off something like 20 years off of her to get down to my age (although the woman doesn't seem to age ....).

Jennifer
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by SueC
            my dh could be played by whichever buff, bald, Filipino actor you can scrounge up.
            I don't think he's Filipino, but how about the chairman from Iron Chef America?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/host...774882,00.html
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Julie

Ooooh, he's hot!

Jennifer

Comment

I always thought Chow Yun Fat (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon star) was really attractive in an "I could marry him!" kind of way. He's not Filipino, but he's so cute and comes across as terribly sweet.

Jennifer

Comment

I think that I sort of look like the lead female detective on "cold case". Kris, Jenn what do you think?

DH would have to be Anthony Edwards.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

This is too funny!
                    Since I have been told several times that I look like Jenny Garth (Kelly from 90210) or Renee Zellweger, I would have to chose one of them to play me. DH kinda looks like Charlie Sheen without all the interesting bad boy attitude.
                    BTW - Chow Yun Fat is gorgeous!

Hollywood, here we come!
                    I am ready to make a pitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
                      (although the woman doesn't seem to age ....).

Jennifer
                      That's funny, Michelle Pfieffer was actually having a face lift done at Cedars Sinai when DH was rotating through there as a med student. No wonder why she doesn't age!!

I have no idea who would play me, but my hubby looks a lot like Noah Wyle (even he admits it) so that would be a good choice for him.

Comment

The character Dr. House is definitely my husband. Patients have actually asked if the show is based on him!!!! It takes place in New Jersey and the clinic on the show is the Plainsboro/Princeton clinic. My husband is ultra left wing liberal and always in trouble with administration!! He thinks rules are made to break, and he has zero tolerance for stupidity. If they are sick he is the first one they call!!
                        Physically, people compare him to Stevenm Spielberg. Me, I have no clue.
                        Luanne
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

hmm this is too funny.

my dh would definetely be the nerdy kid from Breakfast Club (the movie) with a dash of Gary Oldman.

me I would say Jennifer Capriati the tennis player or Dh suggests Lucy Lawless,aka Zena,

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                            Originally posted by SueC
                            my dh could be played by whichever buff, bald, Filipino actor you can scrounge up.

Actually, that does look like my dh, though he has a bigger melon. Do you concur Luanne? (She met him and I think she likes the food channel lif memory serves, but I could be making that up...)
                            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

me: Molly Ringwald (with a few extra pounds)
                              hubby: Bill Maher with less hair
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X