Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dance fever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance fever.

Last night, my son taught me a pretty worthwile lesson. When the muppets came on t.v., he shreiked with joy, thrust out his arms, ran in circles, and started dancing. His dancing can best be described as a gleeful thrusting out of his backside over and over again or swaying to and fro. How amazing that he expresses his joy without inhibitions! He needs no dedicated space or time to break out his boogie shoes, he dances when the mood strikes him. Heck, sometimes he doesn't even need music to get his groove on!

Last night, his infectious baby laugh prompted us to break out the cheesiest CDs that we could find. My brother, who dabbles in music therapy, often suggests playing music to alter the mood. However, it takes a toddler to explain this academic theory in my mind. Anyway, I was thinking of the tunes to groove to when you're feeling blue. So I thought that we could list a few:

1. "Don't go breaking my heart" - Elton John (It helps to wear gold lame and platform shoes to really get into this song.)

2. The entire "Grease" soundtrack- (Who can deny "chang, chang, changity, chang-cha-bop...")

3. Sister Act 2- Ode to Joy

4. Anything by Wham! (Takes you back to the days when you used an eggbeater to accomplish those poofy bangs)

5. "A,B,C"-The Jackson Five (Michael Jackson pre-plastic man days.)

6."Chain of Fulls" & "Respect"- Aretha Franklin (Add a little Motown for that feel-good feeling...)

One thing for sure is that I can't even touch my beloved Country music CDs when I'm down. Although there is something to be said about being reminded that someone else has it worse!

Any suggestions to share in the Cheeseball music hall of fame?

Kelly

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

hey kelly is that "chain of fulls" or "chain of fools"

I was psyched to see that you had the sister Act soundtrack down there--although I more partial to the first sister act then the second

Comment

I love this topic!!!

Grease is a great soundtrack for that. My younger kids go for Sebastian from the Little Mermaid and they like Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson to dance around to, along with Backstreet Boys and N'Sync.

I have got the whole spectrum here. I go for the nostalgic with Michael Jackson's thriller or Paula Abdul or Wham (I haven't listened to that in years but I used to constantly). How about Abba for that disco mood?!

I am sure there are others but I can't think of them right now. Thanks for making me smile!

Robin

How about Abba

Comment

Suggestions:

ABBA - "Take a Chance"

Disco Duck

Comment

"Bye Bye Bye" which is either by in sync or the backstreet boys (see how out of touch I am )

I can't think of anything else...I'll have to mull this one over!!

Kris

Comment

UB40... "Red, Red Wine". I still hear them playing it at the gym every now and then. And I still love it... but that is ME grooving to it.

My two year olds (pushing three soon!) love the soundtrack to Toy Story 2: Woody's Roundup. And my one daughter simply loves ANY song on U2's "Joshua Tree" album. Her head tilts to one side and she literally leans into it. First her head starts nodding to the side, then she starts bending her knees in the same rhythm, then she starts moving her feet.
            Edited by: Janet at: 8/22/01 10:16:30 pm

Comment

Working...
            X