Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Nugget of hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nugget of hope

We just received my hubby's call schedule for September and we are very pleased. Last year, his intern year, he was Q3 for 12 months straight and had a full weekend off approximately once out of every 10 to 12 weeks. Everyone told me that things got better in the subsequent years, but I was afraid to believe them, as if I would jinx us and we would be weekend-less and Q3 forever. But so far, they were right about things getting better. He has been Q4 for 3 months now and has had a least one full weekend off every month. So if there are any intern spouses out there, please keep the faith that things get better as time goes on. (Besides this, each year brings a greater ability to cope.) I hope that you all find this to be true in your lives too.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Isn't Q4 a welcome break!!! I'm so glad to hear that things are easing up a bit for you guys....The best year for us was Thomas last year of residency...he had Q5 a couple of months AND a couple of months of outpatient work...which was like a Godsend...it spoiled us before we started fellowship

So are you guys doing something on those full weekends or are you just relaxing at home?

Kris

Comment

Our free weekends are full of little family things: bike rides, playing at the swimming hole, house projects, and the like. It is heaven to be able to do these normal things. Sometimes I can't even believe how awesome it feels to be somewhat normal!

As far as getting spoiled before fellowship, I'm still hoping that my hubby will come to his senses and bag the fellowship thing all together. Does this make me a terrible person for feeling this way?

Kelly

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Kelly-

No! it doesn't make you a terrible person for wanting him to bag the fellowship. I think it makes you normal. Who doesn't want at least a somewhat normal life where you don't keep getting uprooted and living on limited money with limited time to spend together? Good for you for having a taste of that right now. Enjoy every single minute of it!

I know that short of Dave deciding to do ER instead of peds subspecialty, that there is going to be a fellowship. I'm holding out for it to be in the same place as he does his residency. I know all that crap about it being better to train at different facilites to learn how different places do things, blah, blah, blah. I say SO WHAT- I'm tired of transplanting! Isn't there something important in the big picture about that?!

OK- did I just rant and rave there?! Sorry about that! I thinking I'm still floundering a bit from this tranplant for 3rd and 4th year rotations. I'll get it together soon I hope....

Wendy

Comment

Working...
        X