Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Let's Go Mets!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Go Mets!!!

It's been 20 years since I've been really excited about a baseball season.
    In 1986 I was living about a half a mile from Shea stadium. Now I'm in an area where half the people are Yankee fans and the others are (gasp) Red Sox. I'm usually out in the cold, but this year has been fantastic!
    Now if only Keith Hernandez would shut up already.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Sorry I love the Yanks.... Good luck though!

Comment

my dad's family is (are?) all former brooklyn dodger fans from queens, so i was born into mets fandom. my mother calls herself a "born-again mets fan", the yankees are her antichrist. we converted her during the 86' series and she's become so "devout" that you CANNOT talk to her during a game or during the WFAN post-game wrap-up. she also wears embarassingly large mets earings when we go to games. people ask to have their picture taken with her. that was fun as an adolecent

i'm living in philly and contention between the two teams often causes strife between my philly phan phriends and me, but somehow, this 8-game winning streak and sweep of the phillies has quieted them considerably. and it has put me in the fortunate position of being owed many beers :~

usually, I'm only excited about the mets until memorial day when they start to tank and my spirit suffers during an ineveitable mid-summer road-trip debacle. holding. my. breath.

Comment

I was living in NYC in 1986. Great baseball memories!!

I hope it continues to go well for your team. Since the Indians are in the AL, I feel safe wishing you that. So far.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Icing on the cake is the Braves being in last place!!!
          (apologies to any atlanta fans...but seriously... )
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

We Pirates/Nats fans are pretty happy with the Braves current status as well. My dad, husband, and brother just met up with my uncle and cousin for three days of (bad) baseball this past weekend.

Jenn

Comment

I can get behind dissing the Braves.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Well, I can't believe it, but here we are nearly a week after the all-star break, and they're STILL way out in front. I'm almost tempted to be optomistic about the season!
                Let's just hope that the last series with Boston (sweep ugh) wasn't a preview of the world series!

(unfortunately, atlanta has climbed out of the basement)
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                  Icing on the cake is the Braves being in last place!!!
                  (apologies to any atlanta fans...but seriously... )
                  Alright there kids, I'm a huge Atlanta fan!! I hate the Yankees! I also love the Dodgers (born in LA). Be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by stellava
                    Alright there kids, I'm a huge Atlanta fan!! I hate the Yankees! I also love the Dodgers (born in LA). Be nice.
                    heh - I knew there had to be SOMEBODY out there...
                    well you and Ted Turner.
                    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                    Let's go Mets!

Comment

As I watch (well virtually) Delgado strike out with bases loaded, I can't help but feel that they're gonna crash and burn.
                      you gotta believe, I guess. but you don't want to jinx yourself, right?
                      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Did anyone watch the Tigers/Yankees (not) play last night?? Verlander, the pitcher up for Rookie of the Year is friends with my SO. SO used to catch for him. They still keep in touch. I can't believe he's doing so well. It's wierd when you know the people on the TV.

Comment

*bump*

Is this our season? Do I dare to dream?
                          Apologies to any phillies or braves fans out there....
                          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                            heh - I knew there had to be SOMEBODY out there...
                            well you and Ted Turner.
                            Correction: Stella, Ted Turner, and Heidi in Cleveland.

Go Braves!

Comment

I'm a Braves fan when I pretend to like baseball. I lived in Atlanta for 5 years. My mom, and one sister and one brother are still there. DH on the other hand grew up in Queens. He and his son went to the Mets game Sunday. He LOVES the Mets.
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X