Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Top 10 Moving/City you Live in....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Moving/City you Live in....

The top 10 things about living in this wee town in Minnesota!

10. The beautiful Mississippi which runs through town

9. Green trees and blooming flowers in every garden

8. The big Burger King with the "hugest" (Andrew's comment) indoor play area ever

7. Our own backyard to run and play in

6. Lakes and bike trails to keep us busy

5. The Mall of America to empty our pockets

4. The Clemens gardens...a loving tribute from a husband to his wife who was dying

3. The $2 movie theatre

2. The chance to meet Jason and Kelly

AND

1. Rainbow Foods with their free, staff supervised play area to drop the kids off to play for an hour while you go grocery shopping....

Anyone else up to a top 10?

Kris
    The Medical Spouse Network Edited by: kmmath  at: 7/16/01 5:03:40 pm

this was good because it forced me to be positive:

10) It's never cold (close to 100 today!)

9) Perfect margaritas (important when it's nearly 100!)

The people are amazingly nice

7) Lots of men in uniform. (Definite bonus points...)

6) Hanetai- amazing but true- the best sushi I've ever had!)

5) The Riverwalk

4) The Folklife Festival

3) Brackenridge Park (SA's answer to Central Park at 1/10th the size)

2) FIESTA

1) The beautiful King William Historic District, where I happen to live!

Come on down to visit!

Jenn

Comment

The top 10 reasons to have a garage sale before moving!

10. You get to ask your husband to go through his stuff 50 times only to have him not do it!

9. You get to sell clothes that are now too big (yeahhhhh!!!!)

8. You get to drive around at 10:30 the night before posting signs around town-- just so no one shows up a day early!

7. Bonding with fellow Kirksville residents at 6:40 am just can't be beat!

6. You get to answer the question "Will you take $2 for that?" about a thousand times in a 5 hour period.

5. It is such a joy to watch people let their kids play with your stuff-- then not buy it.

4. The man smoking over all the clothes added that special something to them!

3. You get to hear how ugly your stuff is from the people that pick it up, turn up their nose, then put it down in the wrong place.

2. Someone actually wants all those embarrasing cassette tapes from the 80's hair- bands (anyone remember Nelson or Color me Badd???!!!)

1. You get to give your friend a hard time because she stayed up all night ironing her maternity clothes so they would look nice for the garage sale-- and then didn't sell any of them!

Comment

I hate to interrupt a perfectly good top 10 list, and please...anyone else motivated to add a top 10, feel free....but Wendy, I nearly died reading this! That was sooo funny!

Kris
        The Medical Spouse Network Edited by: kmmath  at: 7/16/01 7:27:48 am

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it!

Wendy

Comment

Top 10 things about Milwaukee, WI.

10. Anything more than 10 minutes is considered a major commute and rush hour lasts all of 30 minutes.

9. If its fried and on a plate you can find it here.

8. Oprah is on in the afternoon instead of the morning like in Chicago.

7. There are 10 state troopers for every 1 driver (I swear it feels that way).

6. Construction only happens for 2 months out of the year (since the rest of the time it is too damn cold or snowy to do it!)

5. If you are into sounds of the 70's and 80's you will love Milwaukee radio.

4. Bob Uker lives here!

3. Finding someone's home is as simple as looking for coordinates on a map. (Our addresses are written as follows N57W14832 Ravenwood Drive - no joke).

2. You can drive from one side of town to the other and always find a beer! (Miller Brewing Company, Sprecher and 1 other beer company are all headquartered here)

1. Mosquito's are the state bird.

Comment

Working...
            X