Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trading Spaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Spaces

Who is your favorite designer?

Kris, I don't know how to put this in a format to vote?

My favaorite is Vern.

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I LOVE Frank. I love all of his colors. I made Rick suffer through watching Trading Spaces last night. Poor guy.

Jenn

Comment

I must confess to watching the show, but it's like watching a train wreck for me....

Jennifer

Comment

My hubby rolls his eyes and trys to convince me to change the channel at every commercial. I like Vern but I like Lori better Vern is great at everything, but I saw him be a real snot to Amy Wyn once, so that puts him at number 2! No one messes with Amy Wyn!

Kris
        "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
        Douglas Adams

Comment

LOL - my husband makes fun of it too, but he humors me and keeps his mouth closed!!!! I think he is afraid I'll sign us up if he doesn't.

Luanne
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne,

Too bad we don't live any closer to each other...I'd say we could sign ourselves up and not tell our dear spouses until T-day...(trading spaces day )

Have you been doing any more in terms of home improvement projects? I'm busy working on stripping our old kitchen table and corner nook set..It is taking FOREVER...I still haven't decided on the tile/no tile topic...we'll have to see if I ever manage to get it stripped!

In the meantime, I'm actually considering a shade of red for our bedroom...I've also really fallen in love with the color yellow and I definately want to do the living room in a shade of yellow...

Kris
            "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
            Douglas Adams

Comment

Kristen, I've decided that I'm painting our new living room yellow and slipcovering the furniture in rust-red chenille! The slipcovers I'm using are at Target.

Jennifer

Comment

I'm also finishing a desk for the living room. The woods in that room are going to be mahogany stained I've decided - a nice, dark color to contrast with the yellow and coordinate with the red.... I'm going to add a contrast color of a soft yellow-green I think. I have a print my mother gave me of Monet's "Garden at Argenteuil". The red flowers in the painting and the red of the earth are the SAME color as the slipcovers! I have Renoir's coordination print (he painted Monet painting the garden - they were good friends) and will use that in the room as well. I've got it all worked out in my head, now if I can just be patient enough to move first....

Jennifer

Maybe I wouldn't mind "trading spaces" with you guys!
                Edited by: JenniferLR at: 5/31/02 4:50:24 pm

Comment

I was just off of work for two weeks and I finished our kitchen/dining room. This house is still a love/hate project in progress!!!!

The only probolem with Trading Spaces is - I coul have our house redone and he would not notice. He such a slob/pig. If i never cleaned it wouldn't bother him, it does drive me crazy!!!

Luanne
                  Luanne

Comment

Ha, Luanne! I'm taken back to the time that I wallpapered our living/dining area years ago....He didn't notice it for DAYS!!! And it was Blue paper with sunflowers on it...hardly something that isn't an obvious change.

The problem that I'd have with Trading Spaces is that Geneveve would probably put moss on my walls, or I'd get that freak woman who creates those weird diamond designs on walls, paints them purple and makes lamps out of garbage cans.....

Kris
                    Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                    X