Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the list

I saw a list of 100 things to do before you die on the internet somewhere. Of course I can't find it now, but I thought that it was a really interesting idea. I've been thinking about creating one over the next few weeks/months. Here are the first twenty things on my list of things to do in this life time. I would love to hear what is on your list

1. Have another baby

2. Run a full marathon

3. Send my mom on a spa vacation

4. Ride in a hot air balloon

5. Run on the Great Wall of China

6. Volunteer on a regular basis for a cause that I wholeheartedly believe in

7. Tell my children their family history and legacy

8. Go on safari in Africa

9. Achieve fluency in Spanish

10. Skinny dip in an exotic locale

11. Write letters to the teachers and professors who changed my life.

12. Try a bottle of Cristal champagne without balking at the price.

13. Tell my loved ones everyday that they are the most special people in the world to me.

14. Watch more sunsets and sunrises

15. Grow a garden

16. Sleep under the stars

17. Reread the classics that I have already read and read the ones that I haven't read yet.

18. Learn how to sew

19. Rock climb again

20. Be the "rock" in my children's lives.

So that is my start...What about you all?
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

What a great thing to think about! Off the top of my head here are some things I want to accomplish in this life:

- see all of my children happily married for eternity

- adopt a child

- travel, travel, travel - everywhere - with my husband

- build my own home (well, I don't want to actually build it by myself, but I would like to design it and DIRECT the building process )

- own and love a parrot (they live for a very,very long time and are soooo intelligent)

- learn to ride a horse - well

- learn to fly a plane - well

- learn to sail - well

- be involved in a political campaign

- try my hand at photography (more than Polaroids )

- get a law degree

- design and make my daughters' wedding gowns

- grow a large vegetable garden and never have to buy produce from a grocery store again!

- swim with a humpback or blue whale

- interact with a great ape (preferably an orangutan)

- shave my head bald to be able to get a good idea of what the shape of my head actually is

- learn Spanish

That's all I can think of right now!

Jennifer

Comment

Hmmm- here's some of my list:

1) Become a lobbyist for causes related to developmental disabilities

2) See as much of the world as possible.

3) See my friends and relatives happily married

4) Live in Manhattan

5) Buy and rehab a big Victorian in some fabulous town.

6) Help my husband with his dream of retiring and brewing beer.

7) See my parents live long and healthy lives.

Complete the family histories begun by various relatives and compile them in one place.

9) Have or adopt a child

10) Continue to support environmental causes and hope that someday people will listen!

11) Help elect the first female president of the US. (and hopefully it will be my cousin Elizabeth)

So- that's the start!

Jenn

Comment

What a great idea, Kelly....you know what' s funny is that I really can't come up with many...I feel like I've had a lot of adventures and there only a few things that are important to me....

1. See my children grow up and get married...and be a daily part of their lives.

2. Stay married to my soulmate, who is really the 'rock' in my life.

3. Travel the world with Thomas....piece by piece before we retire...I don't want to wait to retire and then perhaps miss the chance.

4. Take college classes until they haul me off to the 'home'...then I'll just take them online.

Someday I hope to get back into the career world...but if it doesn't happen for me, it won't be the end of my world. All I want is to have my family around me.

Kris
        "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
        Douglas Adams

Comment

PS...if you have a dream....just do it... Start with the ones that are most doable right now and get at it...don't wait until "tomorrow" !

Kris
          "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
          Douglas Adams

Comment

OK- here's mine off the top of my head--

1) Be a photographer for a living

2) Travel -- not overly interested in most of Africa or the Middle East, but otherwise, anywhere

3) Take and Alaskan cruise (yes, I know it's part of the travel thing, but it's something specific)

4) Spend at least 2 nights on each of the Hawaiian islands

5) Show my child/children that there is more to the world than what they can see beyone their own backyard.

6) Live in a home with a fantasic view of a beautiful body of water

7) Have a network of close friends that are completely indistinguishable from family in their importance to me.

Have an awesome 50th, 60th, etc anniversary party!

Comment

1 - 100

Spend an entire weekend with my husband without a beeper!!!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
              X