Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When life hands you lemons.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When life hands you lemons.....

Make lemonade

I have felt so negatively about my experience with our neighbors. Our yard is lined in the back by pine trees, but there are gaps where we can see each other, etc...so......yesterday I spent the whole day transplanting flowers into the spaces...It looks beautiful and really made me feel good. Instead of avoiding that space or feeling unhappy when I look at it, I feel...happy...it really looks beautiful...

Maybe some of that happiness will rub off in the other direction too...

Kris

And besides, what can they do - spit on the flowers? Well, that's just going to water them which 1)helps you out (less watering) and 2)makes the flowers more beautiful.

Jennifer

Comment

Jennifer,

That is too funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Luanne

Congratulations Kris!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Excellent, Kris! I am very proud of you! I don't know if I would have had the kindness in my heart to do the same! I probably would have adopted another dog!

Comment

Really- excellent idea-

I like the second (really yappy) dog though. Or invite the local teenage band to come practice in your garage...their parents will love you!

Jenn

Comment

Well, I'm still contemplating the streaking idea....but I feel sooo good about the flowers thing...I feel like I really turned things around, at least for me. Interestingly, I haven't had a problem with the neighbors since I planted the flowers!

Kris

Comment

Sometimes when people are so amazingly rude, and you respond with manners and politeness, they don't know what to do. I had a situation like that with someone on my work team. It sort of stopped her in her tracks when I refused to get into a cat fight with her.

Comment

Ahhhh, perhaps they thought you planted the flowers for them to look at? Well, anyway, you killed them with kindness it appears (flowers are much kinder than thrown pinecones). Janet is right on the mark.

Jennifer

Comment

Working...
                X