Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello everyone, New To The Network...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, New To The Network...!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I did not realize how many other women are dealing with the similar stress issues I am having with dating a doctor. My boyfriend finds out where he will be matching for his residency in Urology in 2wks. He has been trying to explain to me the agony and the sacrifices needed to maintain a relationship throughout his residency, but I have really just started to understand a glimpse of the picture. We are both living in the same city now, but in the next few months we will be living in different states. I will be in NY pursuing a job in the fashion industry while he is who knows where for 5 years of his residency. I am curious about how all of this will map itself out. It seems impossible to always be the one to compromise and be okay with their lack of time. His grueling hours dont leave for much "ME" time and I honestly don't know if I can handle that. It is such a huge sacrifice. I look forward to learning more about this and trying to accept the lifestyle of dating a resident. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Take Care...
    Kristen

Wlcome aboard- you've come to the right place. Dating a resident is possible, it's not fun but it's possible. Your wrinkle of not being in the same city actually could be a blessing in disguise because that way you don't have to deal with the day-to-day crappiness of intern year. You can see him on a good rotation and leave him to himself on the crappy ones. "oh, honey I'm so sorry that you're tired and cranky. OK, gotta go."

We have lots of New Yorkers here as well.

Jenn

Comment

Welcome, glad you found the site. Jenn is right, it could be a blessing!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hello! Welcome.
        Needs

Comment

Several newbies today - welcome!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome!
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

Hi!

Comment

Hi, and welcome! My husband is a 5th-year urology resident (he's in a 6-year program, so not quite finished - yet!). It is one of the more laid-back surgical subspecialties, so while residency will indeed suck, it won't be as bad as it could be. Does that help?

Let us know how he does in the match! Good luck!
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

WELCOME!!!
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome Kristen!

It is possible to be the one making the most sacrifices and compromises, but it is hard!

Comment

THANKS!

Hey There! Thanks to all for responding. I really appreciate it. It is nice to recieve advice from women who have "been there, done that." My boyfriend Jeff is getting ready for "match date." I know you all know how stressful that is on them. He has been so moody and anxious about where he will end up. I am really hoping that all of these bumps in our relationship will smooth themselves out after he gets settled somewhere. There are so many things I am unsure of, but I am trying to prepare myself for it as best as possible. Well, I look forward to talking with you all some more. Ciao! Kristen

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Jodi

Comment

MATCH DAY

2 more days til URO MATCH DATE!!!!! Stress.....Dying to know where he'll be.....

Comment

Working...
                              X