Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

reverse introductions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse introductions?

I would like to preface by saying THANK YOU for all your thoughts, words, welcomes, PMs, stories, however encouraging, blunt, honest, or brutal it may all be. I appreciate it all. We all appreciate it all, and each other I'm sure.

Mainly I'd like to know who is in my scary shaky boat right now and the strong and wise individuals who made it through, and everyone in between!

So please share if you will:
    -About you! Your age (you can round up or down, whatever ), how you spend your days (SAHM, working, schooling)
    -What city general region you're from
    -what your SO is pursuing, how long into the training your SO is and how much he/she has left
    -anything else you feel comfortable sharing

Thank you, look forward to getting to know you a little better.

Here's me:
    -I'm in my 20s, finishing undergrad
    -I'm in Chicago, greatest city ever!
    -I just met my wonderful SO about 5 months ago, but he's a keeper!
    -my SO is in last few months of MS, he wants to do general surgery then reconstructive surgery, so really, he has like 9 years to go!
    -I'm here to meet other people who are in my situation, so i can learn and be the most supportive gf that i can be

You may not get very many responses to this question in this thread because Introductions is a public thread meaning any Joe can come in here and read all of these things about us. Because medicine is a small world we have private access forums that allow us to share more "intimate" information about ourselves and after 50 posts and we're sure you're not some psycho you'll gain access to those.

I would encourage you to go back and read our introductions, they're all there except for a few that were probably lost when servers crashed, etc.

We want to be an open and welcoming group and for the most part we are but we have been burned by trolls in the past and are therefore very careful about what we post in the public areas sometimes.

I will tell you that I'm a 30 year old working woman in the cold midwest. DH is in neurosurgery and we have one very spoiled dog. We have been together for almost ten years and married for almost five. My favorite things to do are walk my dog when the weather allows, spend time on here, read and relax.

Again, welcome to the boards.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Oh yes, I understand completely! That's why I said, you can round up or down in age, or give a general area where you're from. If you think someone can pinpoint who you are based on any other info, then please don't include it.

**There are so many people here, I just wanted to know who I will most relate to, maybe someone I have a lot in common with, so we can PM and our conversations will be more relevant to our daily lives.**

If anyone would like to introduce themselves to me and other newbies who can see who has the most similar situations, that would be wonderful. If not, then I can absolutely repect that too.

Comment

hi karrotkake

im almost 30, a stay at home mom of three toddlers, married to an ob/gyn resident. we live in the mid atlatic, but are originally from new england.

welcome!
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm Trisha from near Columbus OH
          Late 30's
          SAHM to two DDs 9 and 6
          DH is an EM Attending and Med-ed Director at Level 1 Trauma Center
          Been out for nearly 6 years

Comment

Hi, I'm Susan. Born, 28 years ago (tomorrow), and raised here in St. Louis. I married my high school sweetheart after dating for 6 years (now married for 4) Dh is in his last year of med school, so I spend most my time biting my nails as the suspense builds until the match. Other than that I'm an office manager and mom to two cats.

Glad to have you here!

Comment

Me:

20s
              SO to MS1
              IT Recruiter
              Virginia
              2 fish
              2 dogs (well, tomorrow anyway)

aaaaand.... I think that's it! Oh yeah, and I think I know everything. Watch out for me. :>

Comment

First --- these new emotions are fab! Luvin' them!!!

Me -- Flynn -- formerly "angel of death" ultra bitter sugical spouse -- now the annoying "living the dream" done with training stepford wife.

general info:
                • mid thirties
                  DH is a chest surgeon
                  we just took our first job out of training in the midwest
                  SAHM to two kids who I adore
                  used to be a high school English teacher pre-kids
                  my labrador shadow is one of my best buds
                  have a twisted weakness for peanut M&Ms
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Hey!!
                  I'm 22- Finishing up undergrad at LSU in Fashion Merchandising. YAY! Finally. I'm also a Makeup Artist... I work on Photo Shoots, Commercials, Political Campaigns, Weddings, you name it..
                  I'm moving to NY in MAY to pursue the fashion/makeup career
                  I'm from New Orleans, LA!
                  My SO is finishing up Medical School, and he found out he matched already in UROLOGY in Richmond, VA! His residency is 5years! We plan on doing the Long Distance thing for a few years until marriage and kids etc.... Not looking forward to the crazy hours and his busy schedule, but it's all part of the package!
                  I'm new to this whole thing too, so feel free to message me if you want to share stories/need advice etc-- until we can get into the Private forums.
                  Look forward to talking!
                  -Kristen

Comment

general info

30s
                    Dh is a gas passer (anesthesiologist) almost 2 years out now
                    we live in the West/Pacific Northwest
                    I have 3 children- 1 girl, 2 boys, and one due in August
                    before children- worked as a research assistant in a Mol Bio Lab

Everyone here is friendly.
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                    X