Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello out there

I stumbled upon this site over the weekend while surfing around for stories, support, information and all that is related on those married to medicine. Looks like I am one of the minority as a Mr. MD, but that's pretty much been the case since my wife started this adventure, so I'm used to it. It's nice to see that there are plenty of you out there going through the same things.

My wife is a second year (as of today) OB/GYN resident. We have a 2-year-old son and another baby due in a couple of months. Both were planned and we pretty much feel everything has gone as smooth as possible on the family end. I actually think the timing has been right in both cases, and couldn't be happier.

My career has obviously taken some serious hits while following my wife around the country for medical school and now residency. I'm still in my chosen field (journalism) but not doing anything close to what I originally was, or planned on, doing for my career. For the most part that is OK because I am very content with sacrificing for the family, but I have my moments when I wonder why she gets to follow her career dreams but I don't. I dabbled in stay at home parenting, and may try it again some day, but after four months nearly went crazy as virtually the only parent. It was tough not hacking it -- kind of felt like a failure.

I suppose these are some stories that are pretty typical here.

Anyway, despite some doom and gloom above we actually have adjusted to the craziness and are doing pretty well. Can even say we are enjoying the experience. And we are extremely excited about our second baby. I look forward to getting to know some of you and using this as an outlet for all the fun things that happen during residency and beyond.

:hey:
    It's great to have another guy around here! Since you mentioned journalism, be prepared to be recruited for our e-zine

Post often!
    and again welcome

Comment

Welcome!
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

WELCOME!!!!!

It's great to have another Mr. MD here!!!!
        I mean that sincerely. I hold your role with the utmost respect!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

:hey: welcome!
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Welcome to the site!

It is a great place to get support for whatever you need when the DW is on-call, still at work, or whatever the case may be.

We just haven't quite figured out the 'virtual babysitting' yet...I could sure use it!

Again, welcome, post often. We look forward to getting to "know" you!

Comment

Welcome!
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

We definitely need to figure out that virtual babysitter. If anyone has figured out a good way to cook -- or at least good meals -- for one and a half people that would be great, too.

Comment

Welcome from another XY.
                      We also had ours in MS4 and PGY2 (and another last year).
                      Looking forward to sharing misery and joy.
                      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Welcome to the site!
                        Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Glad you found us!

we have more ob/gyn spouses than Mr. MD spouses but nonetheless, I'm sure you will find support here whenever you need it.

Jenn

Comment

Welcome!

I wonder if we should get the admins to give the guys a private forum we can't see. Perhaps they'd be more avid posters then. Course, then I'd just sign up and create a persona as a man so I could see what they write ...

Back to welcoming you! Congratulations on your 2nd baby, and way to go being a supportive spouse. All are welcome, and we hope to hear lots from you.

Comment

Hello and welcome. Post often,we all look forward to getting to know you.
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X