Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi, (again after 2 years) from Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, (again after 2 years) from Philly

Just wanted to reintroduce myself. I posted a few times when my husband began his surgery residency two years ago. He's now a 3rd year and we have a 6 month old baby girl.

When I have the time, I hope to visit the boards more often. Many of your posts and articles helped me realign my expectations of life with a resident early in our marriage and made life MUCH easier!

Mandy

Welcome back!

definitely let us know how things have been going.

Jenn

Comment

Hi, welcome fellow beleagured surgical spouse.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome back!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome back, Mandy! :hey:
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! The first year was horrible. We were married only a few weeks before DH's intern year started, and then three months into it we had a very sudden and tragic death in the family. Between being a newlywed, never seeing him, and coping with the loss, things were almost unbearable. Then we decided to start a family and that didn't happen easily either.

The second year was much better (much better hours for him). And so far, it's looking like the third year is the best yet. Only 2 call nights/month!! I'm not looking forward to night float in Sept when I'll be basically a single parent, but I'm sure there are tips and encouragement to be found on these boards.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Comment

Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

welcome back!
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

welcome back!

Comment

welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back!
                      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Congratulations on your new baby!

Comment

Welcome back!

We're in Philly too. DH just switched from surgery to anesthesiology a few months ago.
                          Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                          Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                            X