Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I am so glad to find this group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so glad to find this group!

I can't believe I made it through 4 yrs of med school and intern yr without you!

I'm Fran, and I am ProjectMom extraordinare! Right now I have many unrelated projects going on, and I just keep adding more. Looking forward to sending the kids to school in a few weeks--sanity time! Keeping busy makes me realize less that my husband is gone most of the time.

I have 3 children, 2 were born during med school, 1 before. It is possible to have a family and make it through med school and a surgical internship. (And that included about 6months of bedrest due to preterm labor--cummulatively.) However, PGY2 has actually been brutal for the almost 2 months it has been since it started. That is why I came looking for a support group.

Looking forward to chatting with you!
    Fran

Welcome PGY-2 was the harder for my DH then intern year as well.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

-Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Welcome, glad you found us. What are your projects??
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Jenn

Comment

Okay, you asked for a list....

Project 1: I am setting up a forum for the college that my uncle started so that they can take their classes online. We go live next week!

Project 2: My Master's degree. I am supposed to be writing my 20page thesis proposal due by next week, but instead, I am chatting here!

Project 3: I started a customized clothing business over the summer. I paint children's shirts and pants (or skirts, or whatever!) in just about any character my clients want. I am finishing up a cool Peter Pan one now!

Project 4: My daughter's school clothes. I bought myself a sewing machine and an embroidery machine, and I am teaching myself how to use them. I'm getting pretty good at making jumpers. My next project is making a new bed set for her Princess room now that I am finished sewing the new shower curtain in the bathroom. Also on the sewing table are patterns for matching outfits for DD's American Girl doll. She is very into matching these days.

Project 5: Converting my storage room into Crafter's Central. I hope to frame up the walls sometime in the next 2 weeks, then install a ceiling. And, no, I have never done this before, but that has never stopped me!

My poor DH came home one day to a pink bathroom. I got the urge to paint it from a bright yellow (which came with the house) to pink. Two colors that a bathroom should NEVER be painted--blood red or pee yellow, and we had the latter. On my list of paint projects (waiting for school to start before launching these) are the doors in the hallway and the Princess mural in the girls' room, and I want to add Sandy's biodome to the SpongeBob mural in my son's room.

Um, that's about it.

Comment

Whoa, you are one energetic mama!

Welcome!

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

You make me tired! But I'm glad there's hope that I'll survive intern year!

Oh, and we have a lime green bathroom, with watermelon pink and turquoise trim -- that's what happens when you let a 6 and 7 year old pick out the paint!
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
                    You make me tired! But I'm glad there's hope that I'll survive intern year!

Oh, and we have a lime green bathroom, with watermelon pink and turquoise trim -- that's what happens when you let a 6 and 7 year old pick out the paint!
                    If it got them to brush their teeth and clean up in there, I'd let my kids pick any color they wanted!

Comment

Try getting some Method cleaning wipes. My girls clean their bathroom with those because it's fun and they come in different scents or the bathroom ones.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Comment

Welcome!
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I have realized that even though I am beginning I could make it! LOL!

Comment

Sounds like you're a pretty talented crafty person!
                              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                              X