Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I think I've found my saving grace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've found my saving grace

Hey y'all!

I am married to a 4th year dental student (again, I don't know the correct abbreviations just yet), and he's in the process of applying to oral surgery residency programs. After almost surviving dental school (less than 8 months to go...but who's counting), I'm getting incredibly nervous about the entire residency experience. I felt incredibly lame crying about what's to come, picturing my marriage going to shambles and me sitting on the couch by myself each night with a bottle of wine...but now I know I'm not alone! And that surviving is not impossible!...but I'm sure wine drinking does help a bit.

I think I'll be a regular on this site for many years to come!

Welcome aboard! I'll be interested in hearing about the application process for the oral surgery programs, etc. You are our first oral surgery dental spouse!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Welcome!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome! My step grandfather and step uncle are dentists.

Comment

Welcome, glad you found us, and yes, you did find your saving grace!!!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome from across the river! (We're in Cinci)
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome! I *heart* the oral surgeon I had - AWESOME guy!!! Anyone who can take away pain = hero IMO

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Glad you joined us! Welcome!

Comment

Re: I think I've found my saving grace

Originally posted by whitwill
                      me sitting on the couch by myself each night with a bottle of wine...
                      You've come to the right place.

Welcome!

Comment

I must say...you all are the sweetest! I really appreciate all your welcomes and emails! I feel like you better understand a part of my life than most of my friends and family.

Cheers to y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by whitwill
                          I must say...you all are the sweetest! I really appreciate all your welcomes and emails! I feel like you better understand a part of my life than most of my friends and family.

Cheers to y'all!
                          Welcome!

This is a fantastic site. I found it at a dark moment in training and some fo the wonderful people here helped me a great deal.

I think I've been here for ....um....four years now????
                          Since I'm done with training I come more to support others and check in with my online friends.

Again, welcome.
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Haha, I've definitely found myself drinking more wine myself!!

You're not alone. Send me a message if you'd like to chat.

Briana

Comment

:hey: Glad you found us!
                              Post often

Comment

Working...
                              X