Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What a great idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great idea

Hello! My husband is a third year Peds resident and doing a fellowship in November. We've been moving around a bit - in the middle of med school, after med school to residency and again just bought our first home. It's been hard making new friends so I think this is a great idea. I don't think anyone understands what it's like to be married to a med student, intern or resident other than those who have been there!

Wlecome!

Welcome to the group. We're just trying to sort things out after our move from ezboard...I hope you'll bare with us!

My husaband finished residency and fellowship last year and we are adjusting to life on the outside.

These people here have really been a lifeline for me during all of the training transitions. :P I look forward to hearing more about the Peds residency adventures

Kris

Comment

life on the outside

Congratulations on having completed all the training. My husband won't be done for another 3 years after his Heme/Onc fellowship. So tell me what is it like now that the grueling parts all done? Where are you located now and what does your husband do?

Comment

tired and poor

Boy, do I know what you mean about being tired and poor. Anyway, welcome to the boards, this is a great place for support and information.

There are wonderful people from all aspects of medical school, training and beyond. My husband just started his last year of a neonatology fellowship and I am a SAHM to our nearly one year-old daughter. We can't wait to be done and settle somewhere. Where is the lingering question. We met during his intern year so I only moved once so far, but we anticipate a relocation next summer.

I look forward to seeing more of you here!

Jennifer
        Needs

Comment

Hi-

My husband is a 3rd year peds resident. Welcome to the group- we are a fabulous group of people, if I do say so myself!

I've moved more on my own than with my husband (which says something, because he's in the Army!) But we bought a home hereduring internship year and now that it's nearly finsihed being painted and upgraded- well, off we will go in June. I'm so sad. but only about the house- I'm very ready to leave South Texas!

Welcome aboard.

Jenn

Comment

Tired and poor!

Welcome to the boards, I can already tell by your user name that we will have a lot in common. Seriously, there are several peds families here.

I look forward to meeting you below.

kelly

Comment

Finally I got through!

Wow, that was no easy feat! I couldn't login for several days but with the help of the adm she was able to help me out. Anyway, thanks for all the welcomes. I'm in Salt Lake City and the weather's cooled quite a bit. I love fall and winter here especially with the snow. Anyway, I'm just so glad to be back!

Comment

Thank goodness..

I'm so glad that you can get back in. I changed some of the info in the backend of the database (don't even ask me what I did, because I have no clue myself...just following orders). Let me know if you have any more trouble getting in!!!!!

Glad to have you back

Kris

Comment

I can totally identify with your name "tiredandpoor"! That is exactly how I feel right now! Welcome to the boards--it is so great to have this place to come to when things are stressful (and when things aren't so stressful!).
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

don't tell others

I don't know about anyone else but I usually don't tell people that my husband is a physician. I'm usually very evasive and if I am ever pressed I just say he's a resident. I avoid the "dr." word entirely. I've learned that people get the wrong impression - like immediately a cash register goes off in their heads KACHING like "she's loaded and just sits at home eating bonbons and watch soap operas when she's not out getting her hair and nails done" That is so far from the truth!

Comment

We've talked about that on several occasions. I usually just say that my husband works at the hospital and leave it at that unless someone asks directly.
                      It's too bad...but there are a lot of preconceived ideas about what it means to be a physician today.

Kris

Comment

Welcome,
                        Welcome, I love the tired & poor name!!!!! I also avoid the "Dr" name. I am a nurse so I usually just say that we both work at the hospital and people assume he is a nurse!!!!
                        Luanne
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks Luanne. I thought about using "Tired and Up to Our Eyeballs in Debt" but I thought "Tired and Poor" would suffice!

Comment

Welcome to the board!

I sure can relate to the tired and poor part! I am Robin and we are living the poor lifestyle of an intern at the moment!

I miss the mountains of Salt Lake City! We went to BYU and there is much about Utah that I miss, right now I miss seeing the changing leaves!
                            We are in San Antonio and enjoying it. My hubby is specializing in anesthesia.

I find that I am not telling people that he is a doctor either. The comments are amazing to me. Someone forgot to tell us that we are supposed to be living a life of leisure already!!!

Again, Welcome.
                            Robin

Comment

Working...
                            X