Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I guess I'll come out of hiding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I'll come out of hiding.

Hi, I'm Trisha. I have been a membber of the Yahoo site and thought I'd come on over here. Hubby is an Emergency Medicine attending at a major trauma center in Columbus Ohio and we live about 50 miles away in a small town. We have two little girls Mackenzie 5 going on 18 and little Miss Destructo Ryleigh who is 22 months. We have been married since he was a 4th yr MS and boy are we glad to be done. We have been finished with Residency for 14 months but still have such fond memories of those times....NOT!

I am a Pediatric/Neonatal Respiratory Therapist on hiatus till my little ones are in school. In the meantime I am a student in the Culinary Arts field praying someday to open my own little Bistro.

hello Trisha!

I'm jealous, I admit it. You're done with residency AND you're a student of Culinary Arts! Congrats on both. I love to cook myself and would love to have a catering business someday. I worry, however, that once it becomes a real job I won't like it as much. For now, we enjoy cooking for friends and entertaining when we get a chance. Anyway, welcome and what's your specialty?

Comment

Nice to meet you Trisha. I am Sally, mom to Luke-7, Joel-4, and Nathan-1. My husband is an OB/GYN in the Air Force. We live in north Texas, but are originally from Indiana and hope to be back in the midwest soon. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Where at in North Texas. Hubby is from Wichita Falls?

Comment

Welcome...

Hi Trisha! I'm mommy to three little ones....2nd grade, 1st grade and preschool, and my husband also finsihed fellowship about 14 months ago! It IS nice to be done, isn't it!!!!

I'm glad you wandered over this way. The email group is a little on the slow side...and there is always something going on here 8)

Kris

Comment

Yes, we are in lovely Wichita Falls and trying to leave as soon as we are allowed! Does your hubby miss it? We are not fans, if you couldn't tell. San Antonio (residency) was awesome, as was Indianapolis (med school) before that, so I guess by comparison, Wichita Falls is falling a little flat.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Hi Trisha,
              Welcome to one of the best websites available to the medical spouse world!!!!
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hi Trisha-

I'm Sharon and new to this board as well. Welcome! I was born and raised in Concord, Ohio (suburb of Cleveland).

That's awesome that you're done w/ residency...I'm just starting the entire journey with my boyfriend. He just started his first year this fall. A long road ahead!

I look forward to hearing from you...

Sharon

Comment

Hi Trisha-

I'm Jenn, spouse to a 3rd year peds resident. We're in beautiful downtown San Antonio for another 10 months or so. We only know there's no way he'll be able to stay here but have no idea where we go next. (He's in the Army- which in response to the other post- is all I tell people about my husband's profession!)

Our children have four legs and fur- Petey (dog), Rascal (aka the Fat Bastard), Darla and Trouble (cats).

Welcome aboard!

Jenn

Comment

Trisha,

Welcome! Ohio is near and dear to my heart...I grew up in a suburb of Dayton and my hubby grew up in a rural community in the middle of ....no where ...in Ohio. We are targeting Columbus and Cincinnati as hopeful targets to end up someday, after our 40 year surgical residency and fellowship bonanza is completed. <sigh>

I love your kids' names---very, very pretty. And your description of their burgeoning personalities cracked me up. A hail and hearty welcome to our humble site.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome Trisha!!!

I also am QUITE jealous of you being at the end of the training but you give me hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We are in San Antonio also and just starting residency. My hubby's specialty is anesthesia and we are living for November at the moment when he finishes his surgery rotations and I actually may get to see him again!

We have four boys: Jacob-10, Zachary-8, Tyler-6 (as of yesterday) and Dallin-3 (as of tomorrow!) I am a stay-at-home-mom who does medical transcription. I LOVE the names of your girls. I have never seen Ryleigh spelled that way.

Welcome to the board!
                      Robin

Comment

Working...
                      X