Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

Good afternoon everyone! I just joined - and I am so glad that I've found this place! I am the wife of an M2 who is considering some type of surgery (but is keeping his options open until he does some rotations!) Because we've been together for over 6 years (married in October), we've had 6 years to discuss the less-than-fun times that await us! Basically, we are just living in the moment and enjoying time when he has it!

Lately, as I am in the midst of looking for a new (higher-paying) job, we have been talking about the future...our biggest dilemma seems to be when the least-bad time would be to start having kids. Knowing that we could have a very long residency ahead, and not wanting to be a "single" mom, we think that after his intern year would be best. To further complicate matters, I really would like to stay home full-time once we have kids.

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice/things to be aware of that we may not have thought of!

Once again - so excited to have found all of you! Best of luck to each of you!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Re: Greetings!

There is a wealth of info/opinions/advise on your dilemmas! My husband is a surgical intern now. We had a baby in the end of the MS-2 year, and that timing worked out well for us. The intern year for us has not been as horrible- not as bad as expected. I *think* that 2nd year will be worse, actually. (2nd year of residency, that is).

Anyway, planning pregnancies is what it is-- unpredictable at best...

Post often!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

The one thing you will find here are LOADS of opinions and practical advice on things.

Check out some of our parenting threads- we cover the 'when to have kids' thing at least three times a year.

Jenn

Comment

Hi there! Welcome

Comment

Glad you found us
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Welcome!

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome!
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

WELCOME!!!
                        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                        X