Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New to website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to website

Hi,
    My name is Sheila and my husband Brian hooked me up with this website. He is an Army General Surgeon doing a civilian vascular surgery fellowship at Baylor University Medical Center in downtown Dallas. We live in Rowlett, TX about 30 min. from downtown Dallas. We just moved here this past June after being stationed in Germany for two years. We have 2 boys, David, age 6 and Zachary, 20 months. I am an RN, but am currently busy as an at-home mom.

Welcome, Sheila! I had my first son at Baylor University Medical Center. It is an awesome facility.

Where did you live in Germany? I was in Hamburg, Munich, and Bern during my sophomore year in college. Germany's beer is great, isn't it?

Glad you found us.

Comment

We lived in a small village near Landstuhl which was near Kaiserslautern about 1 1/2 hours southwest of Frankfurt. We loved it there. My husband enjoyed the beer. I enjoyed the wine.

Comment

Finally- another Army spouse! We're outnumbered here 2:1!

I'm Jenn, my husband is a Peds resident at SAMPC (San Antonio Military Pediatric Consortium- because why be short and to the point when you don't have to!).

We're here until June and then- parts unknown. I'd love to be stationed in Germany and he's put it on the list, but we'll see. He's applied for a Peds Neuro fellowship at Walter Reed so... We wait.

Welcome aboard!

Jenn

Comment

Hi Sheila,

Welcome! We are Air Force, in Wichita Falls, TX -- about 2 1/2 hours north of you. My husband is an OB/GYN and did residency in San Antonio also, at Wilford Hall and BAMC. One of my husband's good friends from residency has been at Landstuhl for about a year now -- they are home for a visit and we saw them last weekend. We have three boys, aged 7, 4, and 1. I look forward to getting to know you better!

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sally,
            What is the name of your friend at Landstuhl. It is a pretty small community. We may know him.

Comment

Sheila,

Welcome from another surgery widow, I mean, wife! We're going the civilian route and are currently in year 3. Isn't surgery fun?

I spent some time working at a base right near you all: Bad Kreuznach. I loved it. Anyway, welcome aboard.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
              X