Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I am so glad I found this site. My husband is starting med school this August and I've been needing some support from people who are going through the same things. Especially if they have children and how they are coping with that life. We have two boys under the age of 3. If anyone has advice, I would love to hear!
    Thanks so much, can't wait to hear from you!

Re: Newbie

Welcome, gald you found us so soon in the medical journey. This is a busy time of year, but read the forums and stick around, we will soon be your lifeline to survival of the medical training years.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We started med school with 3 kids: a 1st grader, and twin 2 year olds. It's stressful, but I'm finding that in the med school years DH had much more control over his schedule, and he was able to be home consistently for dinner/bath/bed vs. now in residency...

I also found this site pre-med school. Post often!
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

:hey:

Welcome!!!
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome, there is good advice here!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

welcome! we started with a 2 month old...then got preggers again right away. we now are in our second yr of residency, and we have a 5,4,and almost 3 year old. it's doable!

see you around.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Welcome!

I cannot imagine doing medical school married with kids BUT there are lots of strong, funny, intelligent people on this site who made it work!!!

Glad to have you!
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

GREETINGS!!!

Comment

Welcome, we are at the tail end of MS3 and have a 5 yo and are starting to think about number 2. Med school with kiddos is do-able.

My best suggestion is to make sure that you cultivate a life for yourself and your children apart from your spouse. Do things with the kids that are memorable, trips to the local zoo or children's museum when dad is really busy helps them not notice it as much.
                  Kris

Comment

Welcome!

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Jen
                      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

We don't have children yet, but we are in the o-so-lovely third year of med school! Welcome and join in!
                        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Yay, yet another class of 2012-er! As I said to the other newbie whose husband is just starting school this year, I can't help with the kids thing, but we'll be going through match/graduation together in 4 years! There are lots of great parents on this board with lots of good advice about living through this with kids. Good to see you here!
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

We're in the MD/PhD program so it's 8-9 years instead of 4. We have 2 DD's, our youngest was born during research years. Med school is definitely doable with kids, you just get creative with time.
                            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome! We had our first during MS3, and we lived to tell the tale .

Comment

Working...
                              X