Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

millitary spouse of 1st year med student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millitary spouse of 1st year med student

Hey guys and girls! Just thought I would introduce myself. I am a millitay spouse from Kentucky. My husband is a 1st year med student. Any suggestions are welcome. Lauren :P

Lauren

Hi Lauren....

Welcome to the group and happy Thanksgiving....we kind of get up here and answer in spurts...(my welcomes feel a bit redundant at times!) and I just noticed your intro standing here on it's own

We have several military spouses here and even a section devoted to you guys!

My dh finished a fellowship over a year ago and we are at the end of the journey....it goes by fast...though it doesn't seem like it when you are going through it! We have three children, a dog, a cat...and 7 toads

Welcome aboard!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Lauren--
      Hope you find good company here...It's a friendly crew with lots of support and ideas and experience...As the wife of an intern, I really do think this stage is easier in many ways than school itself. It's a long journey, but so worth it for us. Hope you find the worthwhile moments in all the stages yourself. Read lots and post often!
      Kate

Comment

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you with us.

Any suggestions are welcome.
        My suggestion would be to have an abundance of patience & understanding. I'm still trying to learn those myself and it's been 2.5 years.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you better.

Dures

Comment

Lauren,

Go Wildcats! I'm Kelly, wife of a surgical resident and former resident of KY--many, many moons ago. Welcome to the boards.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi Lauren,

Welcome aboard!

Remember to have plenty of patience and invest in the "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" Books by Richard Carlson. Don't Sweat The Small Stuff in Love" by Richard and Kris Carlson is a good book, too. These books will help keep you grounded and also help you realize that "This too shall pass"

We are here for you and post often.

Comment

Hi Lauren,

Welcome aboard! I have a few suggestions:

Remember to have plenty of patience and invest in the "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" Books by Richard Carlson. Don't Sweat The Small Stuff in Love" by Richard and Kris Carlson is a good book, too. These books will help keep you grounded and also help you realize that "This too shall pass."

We are here for you!

Comment

Hi Lauren- I'm a wife of a soon-to-be military medical student myself. he starts this fall! Hope you enjoy this site!

Peggy
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                X