Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm new, too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new, too!

Hello! I'm Jen, I'm the brand-new wife of a third-year pediatrics resident in the Naval Medical Corps. We've been together a long time, though, so I think I've finally adjusted to the long hours, the random and frequent illnesses that my husband brings home, and the pages at all hours. But I wanted to say hello to everyone here and that I'm glad that this place exists.

Hi Jen!

Welcome and congrats on being a newlywed. My bf is a first-year med student so we're just starting out on our journey. Sounds like you'll have a lot of experiences and advice to share.

Looking forward to getting to know you...
    Sharon

Comment

Hi Jen-

sounds like we have more in common than the name! My husband is a third year peds resident with the Army! Where are you guys? Feel free to join us below, especially at the Military Spouses section! We've been waiting for some Navy representation!

Jenn

Comment

military wife-ing it

We're in San Diego--at least until June when he finishes residency. It's getting close, and it's hard for me to believe that residency is nearly done (thank god!).

Comment

Hi Jen,

I'm Jill, wife of a medicine resident who will also be done in June but is then starting a two-year ID fellowship...sigh...but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with residency nearly done! I've heard San Diego is a great place to live...in fact three friends of mine moved there recently...one is a peds doc who is working at an urgent care center somewhere in the area.

Welcome!

Jill

Comment

Hi from an Air Force wife!

My husband finished an OB residency in July 2001. We are in Texas and are due to separate in 2005. How much time does your husband owe? When will you know where you are headed after residency? I am glad to meet you and look forward to seeing your posts.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes!
              San Diego is a great place to live---except that it's ridiculously expensive! It's one of the most expensive parts of the country, in fact, and the traffic is so horrible that I don't even want to attempt to describe! But the weather can't be beat, and it's really beautiful here. There are great places to eat seafood and Mexican food and there's a lot to do, especially if you like being outside.
              My husband will owe four years after residency. We're not sure where the Navy is going to send us, but we've been told that we'll probably be sent overseas to Japan or Okinawa or someplace like that. Right now, I'm ambivalent about that. I would rather be stateside and closer to our families, but there's not much I can do about where we go for the next two or three years. If he decides to do a fellowship, he'll owe more time, but we'll probably get better assignments by then.

Comment

thank you!

Ooops. Double post.

Comment

Jen L!

Hi and welcome to the boards! You will find that we have an especially active group of military medical spouses and resident spouses. I look forward to getting to know you.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                  X