Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New to group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to group

Hi, I am new here too. My name is Jessica and my husband is a 1st year Med student. We have 2 kids. I am a sahm and I love being at home with the kids. So far, med school to me is not too bad. I thought undergrad was much worse b/c my husband was in school full time and owned his own business so he was gone alot. (The semester of MCATS we had a new baby) School has us on a nice schedule (except during mid terms and soon to be finals). It feels like we have a LONG way to go, especially b/c we are a bit older to be starting med school but I am so excited that my husband gets be doing what he has worked so hard for! Anyway, I am excited to be here~

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

Nice to "meet" you! I stay at home with our three boys, aged 7, 4, and 1. My husband is an OB/GYN who has been out of residency for a little over a year. How old are your kids? I am glad that med school is treating you well so far. I look forward to getting to know you better!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the welcome! My son Bridger, will be 5 next month and my daughter, Brooklyn will be 3 in Feb. I feel so blessed to be home with them. Some days are harder than others and I am sure that I will post alot in the SAHP section for advice from you all! Nice to "meet" you too!
      That is so cool that your hubby is DONE with school.

Jessica

Comment

Welcome

Welcome, Jessica. I'm a sort of stay at home parent...of three children (second grade, first grade and preschool). I'm in a transitional phase and am teaching two mornings a week while my youngest is in school....so I don't know how I'm classified!

My husband finished residency and fellowship last year and we are now already a little over a year out of training.....woohoo....at the time, it seemed like we had forever stretched out in front of us...and now it seems like it went by so fast!!!

Again...welcome to the group!

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hi Jessica,

my name is Robin and we just moved from Glendale. Where are you at? We went to med school at Midwestern and we are now doing the internship year at the Univ. of Texas San Antonio. My husband is going into anesthesia so will be in San Antonio for four years before we (hopefully) head west. All our extended family are in the western states.

We have 4 boys and I stay home with my three-year old while the other three are in school. I also work on the computer doing medical transcription.

Welcome to the group!
          Robin

Comment

Jessica-

Welcome aboard!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes! I am glad to have you all to "chat" with. We are in Tucson at the U of AZ. We moved down here this summer from Mesa to start school. Tucson is growing on me. 8O REALLY gave my poor husband a hard time about coming here. We were accepted to a few other schools and I had my heart set on another BUT, I know now this is where we are supposed to be. Robin, I am exicted to know that you were in AZ and that you made it through school with 4 kids. We have 2, so far.... Anyway, you ALL sound so neat and I can't wait to get to know you all more.

Jessica

Comment

Jessica,
                Welcome, I'm happy to meet you. Prepare for a long, interesting journey.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                X