Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi Everyone,
    I am new to this world. My husband, we just got married a month ago, started his 2nd year of med school (we have a long way to go). We moved to South Florida from Long Island for him to go to school. I am a middle school Guidance Counselor. Last year wasn't so bad, but now that he is in school and Im off for the summer in a new area Im feeling it. Most of our friends are from his class so they are in school also. Open to any suggestions
    Lauren

Re: Hello

suggestion: grab a cup of coffee and hang out here.

welcome!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome!

Yeah, it's going to be tough when you have lots of time off and he's never around..and it'll only be worse (from what I hear) in residency. I would recommend getting used to doing things by yourself, and developing some hobbies; maybe take some community classes in something that sounds interesting?

This place is a great time-sink, too, if you let it be.

Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Welcome!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome! We understand being a solo spouse around here.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

My advice is to try and make new friends that aren't tied to your DH's school and to find hobbies that will keep you busy when he's not around.

Hanging out here is always a great option too!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome Lauren!

Comment

Welcome! Post often!
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                  X