Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello..Glad I found you all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello..Glad I found you all...

I have read some of the posts here. I was wondering if there were some
    "oldies" around.

We are long past Medical school and residency/ fellowship was completed in 89.

There are alot of issues assoc with being a wife/spouse of a DOC who works alot while trying to raising the kids.
    I feel so "alone" more so since the older kids have left for college.
    Still dealing with the long hours (OB) and the stress of lack of family time.

There are alot of other issues..assoc with Private practice that we have encountered...would love to know if there are others here to talk too.

My signature line says it all...except I do have a degree in Business and I am also a RN... I just chose to be at home to manage the family...

Are there any others out there would Love to "talk"

Tina,

Welcome! I'm honest when I say that we have people here in every aspect of the medical journey: premed in college, med school, residency, fellowship, recent completion of training, and out of training for quite some time. My guess is that you will find exactly what you are looking for here. Jump right in and we'll all sort this out together.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi Tina-

We're older but just starting the journey- my husband took a while to get through all of the hoops! Luanne will be psyched that you've joined us, you two have a lot in common!

Jenn

Comment

WELCOME Tina,
        I am Luanne. My husband is a Pulmonologist (private pactice) for 15 plus years. I am an RN and work 3 to 4 days a week. I have a daughter 19 in college, a daughter 17 who is a senior in high school, a step son 17 who is a junior in high school, and a step daughter 20 in college. I NEVER see my husband, and we have only been married 2 years. I look forward to getting to know you. We live in New Jersey.
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm 45 .

Luanne
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome Tina,

My husband is an OB, but we are just at the beginning. He has been out of residency about a year and a half and is fulfilling his committment to the Air Force -- he'll get out in 2005. We have three boys, aged 7, 4, and 1. I am glad to see another OB wife here. I am 34. I look forward to your posts!

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Thanks!!

I am so glad to "meet" you guys.
              Sorry it took awhile to get back...My 21 y/o plays college football and we have been "traveling" to watch him play...just EXhausted 8O

I am glad to see another "Oldie" LuAnn...all these type boards are geared for the medical/resident years....Or at least thats who they attract

Then I think maybe its me...I should be more "together" on this doctor wife stuff...but its difficult....

Well I got a 2 y/o to put to bed....Thanks for the welcomes
              Hugs,
              Tina

Comment

Welcome,
                I cannot imagine having a 2 year old again!!!!!! I don't think I would have the energy, after working all day and trying to keep up with teenagers.
                There a few of us here married to docs out of school. The problems are the same!!!!!!
                Luanne
                Luanne

Comment

Working...
                X