Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

Hi everyone. . .
    I have visited this website for months, but finally decided to become " a real member." I have found this site to be so very helpful over these past couple of months. My fiance just started his first year of medical school in Philadelphia, I live in New York, and well the separation and the idea of actually getting married is overwhelming at times. We will be getting married after his second year of school (right in the middle of him taking his boards and starting his third year!) So life is busy. Well I just wanted to introduce myself. So . . . hello

-Jen

Comment

Welcome Dee and Jen!'

Dee: I'm a beginner runner. I've ran my only two races this past fall. A 5K and an 8K. It's been great!

Jen: I'm glad you decided to become an official member of the community My bf is also a first-year here in Philly.

I look forward to hearing from both of you!
      Sharon

Comment

Hi Sharon,
        What school is your bf in? My guy just started at Jefferson . . . So you are a runner? I participated in the Broad Street run this year. It was my first race ever, not bad since it was a 10 miler! I consider Philly my adoptive city, so I figure I need to take advantage of all the things it has to offer (even if it involves making me suffer for just a bit Have a good one!

Jen

Comment

Hello everyone,
          Just wanted to say this site has been very helpful to me. I'm from Boston and I am dating a 3rd year med student but he lives in a different state. We have been communicating almost on a daily basis but the past 2 weeks it's been almost no contact at all and I'm finding it difficult not communicating with him on a regular basis because of this. I try not to push the issue and be understanding, but it's killing me and i really don't know what to do at this point. I ran into this site and I have been able to actually understand what med students go through. I try to fly whenever I can to see him but I am afraid of interfering with his studies. I want to be supportive and help him through, not stress him out even more 8O . What other alternatives are out there to keep the relationship going especially when you're thousands of miles away?????

Comment

Hi Jen,

Welcome

My BF also goes to school in Philly (he's a 4th year @Temple). His final two candidates for med school had been Jefferson & Temple. When he used to live in Philly (he's all over the Eastern Seaboard now!), he didn't live very far from Jefferson. In fact, when I'd go visit him, he'd take me with him (well, OK, drag is more like it ) to study at either Jefferson or PCOM. So I know Temple's, Jefferson's, and PCOM's libraries QUITE WELL by now .

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you better.

Dures

Comment

Working...
            X