Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello again...after a looong hiatus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again...after a looong hiatus.

Hello again! This is my re-introduction...I posted a few times in the past, but it's been at least a couple of years.

It is neat to be able to connect with so many others who are/have experienced this crazy life!

Looking forward to getting to know you....

~Melissa

Re: Hello again...after a looong hiatus.

Welcome back!

Let us know what you've been up to!

Jenn

Comment

Thanks Jenn!

Well DH has since graduated med school and completed his first year of IM, woohoo. We moved cities for residency and the first year was a pretty tough transition since we loved our previous locale, but the past few months we've finally found our groove it seems. The big thing to us was not feeling connected to people, but since finding a great church and people our age - we've found just what we needed. Thank goodness.

Now, DH is seriously considering a Pulmonary/Critical Care fellowship...so we'll see how that plays out - I am excited for him. I have figured out by now that this process never really ends, does it?!

Comment

Hi!

Moving to a new city is difficult. I'm glad things are getting better for you, and I hope you like your new place as much as your old.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome back.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome back Melissa! Congratz on getting through the med school to residency 'stuff.' Are you located in Texas now? Or was that where you were from? Oh and tell us about the fur child! I have two kitties... oh I mean fur kids.
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Yes, the Lone Star State is home - both med school and residency here.

Ahh, my little furry one. I am such an animal lover, but alas DH is not quite so much. So it took me 4+ years to persuade him into us getting one. I think the guilt trip about the amount of work hours as an intern tipped the scales on that discussion. hehe. I got Ollie at about 3 mos. old (last Dec.) from a local rescue society (via Petfinder!) and we've been best buds since. Even DH sneaks in a few hugs and kisses when he thinks I'm not looking.

Most of our friends and such all have dogs and I always feel like a "weird cat-lady" when I gush about Oliver, but oh well. He's our babe until we get a real one!

Comment

Hi! Where in Texas are you?
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                X