Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Greetings from the frozen tundra...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the frozen tundra...

Hallo Everyone!

I’m Elizabeth, married to Mike who is in the home stretch of his 3rd year of residency—the very home stretch—he graduates at the end of March, 2003, due to an internship he did 3 years ago before he went into the military. We’re currently in frigid Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and just signed a contract to take a spot in a clinic in Russellville, Arkansas. The promise of a ‘normal’ life after what has been a VERY tough three years…

I lived in Denver most of my life before coming here (and saw that there are several other people with Colorado ties on the board), and I still miss it. I’m looking forward to talking with you all—it’s so great to be able to talk about rotations and call schedules and the ever-present pager and actually have people understand what I’m saying for a change!

I’m a 35 year-old free-lance writer, artist, amateur chef and English-as-a-Second-Language teacher, contemplating starting a family, going back to school to work on my Masters or opening my own business. Lots of changes ahead in the coming year.

Welcome Elizabeth,
    This is a great site, very helpful no matter what stage of medical life you are in. My husband is in private practice, we are way past training, but this site has been a godsend for me!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I’m a 35 year-old free-lance writer, artist, amateur chef and English-as-a-Second-Language teacher, contemplating starting a family, going back to school to work on my Masters or opening my own business.
      Wow---you sound very interesting! I'm impressed by your endeavors.

I, too, live in the frozen tundra--St. Paul, Minnesota and am in the midst of a fun filled residency. I look forward to talking to you below.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi Elizabeth!
        That should be a nice change "climate wise" for you guys--I can't imagine living so far North!
        Welcome to the boards--it is nice to have a place where everyone understands the situation you're going through.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Welcome, Elizabeth!

What kind of writing do you do? I am a technical writer, spending most of my career designing "information systems" for software companies (online help, web help, software user guides, user interfaces). Did my MA in rhetorical studies, and ended up in the real world as a software writer. Plus writing, writing, writing the stuff. I live in Alberta, Canada, so I have the "frozen trundra" covered, I'm sad to say.

Welcome to our board! I am a sahm at the moment, with four year-old twin girls, wife to a radiologist who works all the time, and then sleeps when not working.

We look forward to you joining our group!

Janet

Comment

Elizabeth,
            You only have three months to go. Woohoo!!
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
              Elizabeth,
              You only have three months to go. Woohoo!!
              Luanne
              91 days to be exact, and don't we know it! Mike's got a running countdown on the board in the staffroom at the clinic, AND on the board in the morning report room. And I have destroyed the inside of the house doing the "uncluttering" phase of getting the house ready to go on the market. We're just a little excited...

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Lynn
                What kind of writing do you do? I am a technical writer, spending most of my career designing "information systems" for software companies (online help, web help, software user guides, user interfaces). Did my MA in rhetorical studies, and ended up in the real world as a software writer. Plus writing, writing, writing the stuff. I live in Alberta, Canada, so I have the "frozen trundra" covered, I'm sad to say.

Welcome to our board! I am a sahm at the moment, with four year-old twin girls, wife to a radiologist who works all the time, and then sleeps when not working.

We look forward to you joining our group!

Janet
                Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I've done some journalistic writing, some humorous essays, wrote material for a couple of stand-up comedians and a TV show, and some work for HR trade journals and a Jewish magazine. My only near-stab at technical writing was creating the training materials for people who were taking a class to pass the Series 7 exam (stock broker stuff), and it was TOUGH. I really admire anyone who can do that side of the writing world.

And yes, Alberta beats me by a mile for frozen tundras. Yikes! I feel like such a wimp now...

Elizabeth

Comment

(I'm so behind on the messages)

I wanted to say WELCOME! I have ties to Colorado. I miss it as well. The thing I miss the most is Chipotle, but I think it's more of a pregnancy craving and I miss it even more because I can't get it any where in the city of Seattle!

What's your hubby doing his residency in? Our best friends are in Milwaukee, and the husband is doing MED/PEDS there.

A little about me- Married 4 1/2 years, SAHM, have a one year old daughter, expecting #2 in August. Matt (my hubby) is an R2 (CA-1) in anesthesia at Univ WA.

Welcome to the board.
                  Crystal
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                  X