Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I hope I'm not joining too early, because we're actually still in the Canadian application process (starts moving later than AMCAS), but since I've created myself an account, I might as well post a welcome message.

My wife is applying to start this fall at our two in-province medical schools. We have three small children, DD1 = 5 years old, in Kindergarten; DD2+DS are 2.5 years old. Our tentative plan is for me to do full-time home care for the kids during the days and continue working part-time (I'm already working part-time, I'm a computer programmer on contract) while DW does MS1-4.

Possibly switching to homeschool when the little ones are school age and she's doing clinical rotations in MS3-4.

It sounds kind of crazy when I write it all out.

Anyway, hello to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all, and especially to getting hints, tips, received wisdom etc.

Re: Hello!

Welcome! Good luck with everything! We look forward to getting to know you! This is a great place to get support and bounce ideas off someone else! Post often!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Hi Sam!
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hi!

Yay! Another computer person! I'm a business analayst, also on contract. I've also done some programming and QA.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Well hello there!
          Glad you found us...best of luck to you, your wife and family as she embarks upon this amazingly crazy journey
          We're all in this together!

Comment

Glad you found us!
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome!

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi there!!
                Looking forward to getting to know you!!
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like you've got your hands full there.

Comment

Welcome!
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome and good luck with the application process!
                      Danielle
                      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Veronica
                        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Hi Sam,
                          Good luck with your plans! I stayed home for awhile while DW did internship, and then found the need to get out for a couple hours each day, so now work PT and have a sitter come to the house.
                          I also thought about homeschooling....until I actually had kids.
                          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                            I also thought about homeschooling....until I actually had kids.
                            Kris

Comment

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the application process! Sounds like you have a good plan, keep your flexibility muscles all warmed up and post often. There is a wealth of experience here.

Comment

Working...
                              X