Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello from a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a Newbie

Hello Everyone!

I am SO excited to have stumbled upon this community! It was very refreshing to see the honesty and fellowship that exists among members here. My husband and I moved from CA to OH last year for his residency. We have been together for 9 years, married for 4 years. He is currently near the end of his PGY-1 in Emergency Medicine. Thank God! I would like to be able to say that I have handled the transition from career-driven breadwinner to displaced Dawkter's wife with dignity and grace, but I just feel like one hot mess I enjoy traveling, outdoor activities, swimming, reading, gardening, cooking, and baking. My current projects include losing the freshman 15 I managed to put on this past year, creating a veggie garden and keeping my husband together in one piece. I work from home. My husband and I do not currently have any children or pets.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

hello and welcome. we have several ohio peeps.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Welcome! Where in OH are you? There's a friendly cluster of us in Cleveland. Some others in Columbus.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hello rainbabies and MrsK!

It seems we live in the part of Ohio least represented in the forums, Cincinnati

Comment

There's a friendly cluster of us in Cleveland. Some others in Columbus.
          Don't forget a lone crazy in Cincinnati (as well as some other dormant posters in Dayton & Cinci)!

Welcome to the board.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
            Don't forget a lone crazy in Cincinnati (as well as some other dormant posters in Dayton & Cinci)!

Welcome to the board.

Kelly
            Looks like you are not the lone crazy after all! (No offence WhereToNext.)

Comment

Welcome! I love your screen name!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome! Glad you found us!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                  Looks like you are not the lone crazy after all! (No offence WhereToNext.)
                  No offense taken. It's nice to know I am amongst my own people

Comment

Welcome!

There is no such thing as a graceful transition in medicine. that's why we're all here.

Jenn

Comment

Welcome to iMSN and to Ohio! We're in Columbus, but have really good friends in Cinci. Hope you're adjusting to being married to a resident.
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

welcome!
                        Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

Though we live in Philly now, I am originally from Louisville, Ky...which is right down the road from Cinci! Welcome!

Comment

Greetings! I am the resident "Opinionated Conservative Who Everyone Tolerates (or Even Humors) Because Having a Token Republican Friend Is All The Rage At Cocktail Parties Right Now." I'm a form of amusement!

No, seriously: I was actually introduced this way last week. BAWAHAHAHAHA!

Good to meet you!

Comment

Abigail, you'll scare her!

Comment

Working...
                              X