Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi from Bea in Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Bea in Philadelphia

My name is Bea and I'm married to my high school sweetheart, J, who is a PGY-1 (soon to be PGY-2!!) surgery resident. We're in Philadelphia for 5 years while J's completing his general surgery residency. J wants to specialize so we'll see where that takes us after Philly. We're expecting our first child (a girl) in late June. I graduated from law school in May and I'm working at a small firm in Philly, mainly in environmental law.

I am excited to "meet" new wives/significant others of doctors and medical students through this forum. Since I'm married to a doctor I'm committed to learning about how to have a successful medical marriage. In fact, I decided to start a blog on medical marriages, just so I can record things I've learned, books that have helped me, and advice that I've heard from others in the know. Through my blog I've met a group of wonderful medical spouses. It is an awesome support system and I'm sure this forum will be just as awesome. I'm so glad to have found it!
    Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Welcome aboard & congrats on the soon to appear little princess!

Comment

Hi! Welcome!!! So glad you found us.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome! My husband is PGY-1 also, but in anesthesia. Your blog is very interesting!
        Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

Welcome!!
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Welcome!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome and congrats on your little one!
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hi Bea! I'm already a fan of your blog
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome!

Glad you're here - sounds like you're off to a great start! If you haven't read it already, I highly recommend "Surviving Residency" by our own Kris Math. Essential reading!
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome!

Love the blog! I read Frank Boehm's column ALL THE TIME while we were in Nashville for residency. I'll have to get the book.

Comment

Your blog is very well written. I can't wait to read more.
                        Kris

Comment

Welcome fellow attorney/soon to be mom/wife of general surgeon. I think I might know a little bit about where you are coming from. I look forward to getting to know you.

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi Bea!! Glad you made it over here.

I didn't realize you knew the gender already! Yay for a little girl!
                            Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Working...
                            X