Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello from Ohio! Another military wife!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ohio! Another military wife!

Hello, everyone!

My name is Jennifer and I'm married to a General Surgery intern, a soon-to-be PGY-2! My husband and I are high school sweethearts, so we've been through it all together: undergraduate, medical school, and now internship/residency. DH went to USAFA, so that combined with the HPSP scholarship, my husband's commitment to the Air Force is until 2022 (!!).

I'm actually an Air Force brat and so is my husband, so the military lifestyle was an easy transition for us (we knew most of the lingo anyway!). I never expected to marry into the military, let alone marrying a doctor. I actually find a lot of similarties in the two, although right now, the challenges of being married to a doctor are definitely in the forefront!

We're stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB, the community where DH and I met and grew up. Our parents are still here, so that's why it was our number 1 choice. We hope to start our family while we're here.

I'm getting more involved in the Spouses Group this year (I'm trying to jump-start a website and newsletter) and I'm researching other spousal support groups, which is how I came across this site/forum. We want to be more connected than we were last year (there were so many pregnancies/new arrivals that we missed because meetings and attendance were sporadic!) and we're hoping that the newsletter will help with that. I would love to hear about your local groups and what you like about them, if you care to share. Thanks! So glad to be here!

-Jennifer

Welcome.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hi Jennifer,

My hubby and I originally hail from Dayton and I endured 7 years of gen. surgery too. (It's a small, small world). Welcome to the best website on the planet.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Love your "toughcookie" handle. That's awesome. Yea for strong, empowered chicks!!

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

So glad you found this site! We're looking forward to getting to know you! Do you work? If so, what do you do?
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome!

I think we military spouses may give those Minnesota spouses a run for their money these days. We may just have them outnumbered.

Jenn

Comment

Hoo Ah---

We're ARMY- at WRAMC in the metro DC area.

I don't even know the date our commitment is up--- DH just says that at this point, especially with a fellowship add-on-- we're going to be *lifers*...
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

and nice to meet you!
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome, glad to have you!!
                    Brandi
                    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Welcome! You are in good company with military med spouses and Jennifers.

Comment

Howdy from a fellow Jennifer! I've been to Wright Patt once to visit a friend whose DH is in the jag corp. Welcome!
                        Needs

Comment

Welcome! My husband is also a PGY-1 general surgery resident and we are also high school sweethearts!

Looking forward to getting to know you through the forum!
                          Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

Welcome!
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                            X