Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Colorado

Hi everyone,
    I found a link to your website from the Dermatology Residency Forum, have been "lurking" for the past few weeks, and finally joined!
    We currently live in Colorado but will probably be moving soon. My husband graduated from medical school in may 2001 and started a residency in IM. Three days into it (no joke) he was in a dermatology clinic and decided that derm was the speciality for him. For six months he worked on securing a derm research fellowship and is now applying to derm residencies. We are going through the match for a second time!
    We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is very sweet, joyful, determined, and fun to be around. I work part time from home as a health care consultant -- mostly in health policy and financing.
    This looks like a really fun and interesting board! Glad I found it.
    nmh

Hi nmh-

I'm glad you found us too! It's always nice to have new people come out of "lurking."

My bf is a first-year med student here in Philly. It's been an adjustment, but it's going well all things considered.

Good luck with your second match and let us know how it goes!

Sharon

Comment

Welcome!

I feel your pain(?!) in changing programs and having to move. My wife did her intern year in OK, in which we went through the match without having to worry about really matching...long drawn out story....anyway,
      2 months into the year we are looking around and interviewing at different places and went through the match to come to Kansas City. It can be done, may not always be fun, but can be done!

Again, welcome to the community, there is much to learn here!! And lots to discuss!!

Comment

Hi and welcome!

I'm Sally, wife of an OB/GYN who finished residency in 2001. He is paying the Air Force back for his med school scholarship. He is due to get out in 2005, but we may extend his committment to 2006 in order to move, since we hate it where we are. We have been married for 12 1/2 years and have three boys, aged 7, 4, and 17 months. I stay home with my kids, but before I had them I was a music teacher. We are both originally from Indiana, but we have lived in Texas for almost six years now.

I look forward to getting to know you better on the boards!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Welcome nmh,

We warmly welcome all new members and appreciate your insight. Please join us for conversation below.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
          X