Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Newbie thankful for this community!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie thankful for this community!!

Hi everyone! I just found this community today but am already excited about being a part of it and connecting with spouses in a similar situation as myself!

My hubby is an MS-3 who is "dead set" on surgery (or as dead set as an MS-3 can be I guess). I don't consider myself a particularly needy individual and I'm pretty dang good at entertaining myself, but not gonna lie -- the life of a surgery resident's spouse scares me a little (ok maybe a lot). So I had a minor panic attack this afternoon and decided to search for people in my same situation, which is how I ended up here with all you fabulous people who have BTDT!

A little about myself (since after all, it's not ALL about them, right?? haha)...

- Birmingham, AL native and current resident
    - "aspiring" professional photographer - I say "aspiring" because I do currently make money doing this but it's not my primary source of income, though hopefully it will be one day!
    - avid traveler
    - mom to 2 crazy kitties (Gabriel and Ella)
    - math dork (my B.S. is in math and I was one of those crazy kids that actually took MORE math classes than I was required to! I know, I know... I have issues)
    - soccer fanatic (Glory Glory Man United!)
    - people watcher
    - Wii boxing expert
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too, but from what I have seen so far, its a fantastic community.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome, glad you found us. You found us just in time!!!!! This site is full of support and people who are at all stages of the training from medschool to attendinghood. The fact that we have quite a contingent of attendings tells you that the medical lifestyle is always different from "the others". Welcome!!!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hi! Welcome to our little place where you can come and vent and all will understand.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

WELCOME... DH is also a MS3 wanting to do some sort of surgery... Glad you found us
            Brandi
            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Welcome!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome!!
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome! So glad you're here, and looking forward to getting to know you!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome!
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Forums!

RB

Comment

Welcome! You won't regret stopping by. There are people in all specialties at various places in their training and many you have finished. It's a great site for medical training and much more. Ok, I didn't mean to sound like a tour guide.
                          Needs

Comment

Welcome Niener,

I hope that you find what you are looking for here.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi! I'm new too, and an aspiring photographer myself! I'd love to hear about it!
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X