Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Anyone in NJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in NJ?

Hello all!

I have finally joined this group after reading it for a while. DH is a PGY1 in peds, we are in southern NJ.

Anyone on here live in the area???

We have several NYC folks and one who does live in NJ (not sure which part), but usually before folks will offer up specifics we need to "know" you a bit better. Medicine is a small, small world.

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?

Comment

I'm in NJ!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We just moved in June to NJ from sunny Las Vegas (although we are both from the east coast). Somehow, we both made it through alive during his education (we had gotten married two months before he started medical school)...but residency is a whole other animal! His schedule isn't too bad (I think MS4 was worse, gotta love those away rotations!)

DH really loves it, but I'm just missing good friends. And if I have to hear one more time...."How wonderful....you're married to a doctor!!!"....I'M GOING TO SCREAM!

Dispense your wisdom, ladies... (And gentlemen!)

Comment

Originally posted by trichick View Post
          We just moved in June to NJ from sunny Las Vegas (although we are both from the east coast). Somehow, we both made it through alive during his education (we had gotten married two months before he started medical school)...but residency is a whole other animal! His schedule isn't too bad (I think MS4 was worse, gotta love those away rotations!)

DH really loves it, but I'm just missing good friends. And if I have to hear one more time...."How wonderful....you're married to a doctor!!!"....I'M GOING TO SCREAM!

Dispense your wisdom, ladies... (And gentlemen!)
          and nice to meet you!

Do you have kids? Do you work or go to school or stay home?
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I'm just over the bridge in the Philly burbs! Welcome!

Comment

Thanks!

We don't have children. I work full time. (Looking to change careers now that DH is out of school) I was lucky enough to make some amazing friends while he was in school...none of their spouses were in school, but they were an awesome support system when I needed it.

Just looking to make some friends back here on the east coast! Every resident spouse should have a few friends to have a drink with~!!!

Comment

Welcome to the group, looking forward to getting to know you.
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Hi!

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome! I'm not in NJ but I'm sure you'll make fast friends on this site
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome! You've come to the right place! Looking forward to getting to know you!
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Hi! I'm not in NJ, but I am from Nevada. Was your husband at UNSOM?
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Welcome!

Jersey girl here, born and raised. We still live close by in the Philly suburbs and are hoping to return to NJ once residency is over (although if the property taxes keep increasing at the current rate, we may have to abandon this plan). Boo hiss...

Is your DH at Cooper? Feel free not to answer this question, since medicine is a pretty small world and this is the public part of this wonderful forum.

But what a difference between Las Vegas and southern NJ! It's a totally different world down there.
                          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Welcome.
                            Kris

Comment

Welcome! We're not far away from you, in Philly!

Looking forward to getting to know you.
                              Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                              Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Working...
                              X