Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi,

Just posted below, so I thought I would introduce myself. I am from Louisville, Kentucky and I am married to a fourth year medical student. He will be doing residency in Anesthesia at the University of Louisville next year.

I graduated from law school last May, and I currently clerk for a federal judge. This is just a one year position, and after that, I will join a private law firm in their labor and employment group.

I have enjoyed this site very much. It is nice to hear from so many people who have been in the same position.

I am glad someone recognized the need for a site like this. It is very well organized and easy to use.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Emily

Hi Emily- My dad went to med school at the U of Louisville. Is that where you are now?

I agree about this forum- it is well-organized, isn't it?

Since my husband is just barely going to start medical school 8O I'm sure I will be enjoying this site myself for years to come and look forward to knowing you more during that time!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Emily- I just read your other post and see that your husband is at U of Louisville now too. A lawyer/doctor duo, huh? Lots of good jokes going around in your household? Congrats on everything by the way- new house, new job, perfect match... You guys are on a roll...

Peggy
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Emily,
        Welcome!! My hubby is an R2 (CA-1) in anesthesia at Univ WA, and he loves it. Is your hubby doing a transition year for his internship?

My brother inlaw and his wife are moving to Louisville this June, as he will be attending dental school this August.

Again welcome!

Crystal
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Emily,

I'm soooo jealous...Louisville! I really wanted my hubby to go there but he just felt like he found a better match for his needs and goals at the U. of Minnesota. Louisville is one of a handful of cities that I would love to end up in someday. <sigh> How 'bout that Rick Pitino, eh. I'm graduated from U.K. in 96....Go CATS!)

We also share another common link, I am an attorney working for a State judge (for an unlimited term, however). My hubby is a third year general surgery resident at the U. I have met a few other of the doctor/lawyer combinations and it seems to work. Neither spouse has the first clue about what the other spouse does all day long. It certainly makes it interesting.

Welcome aboard...I look forward to getting to know you better.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Kelly--It seems like we have lots in common. I too went to college in Lexington. My husband and I graduated from Transylvania in 1999. Did you meet your husband in Lexington? Where did you go to law school?

The doctor/lawyer thing seems to be working, until the point that I come home from work and ask him a series of questions about his day, and he has to tell me to quit being a lawyer and trying to cross examine him. You are right. We don't have a clue what the other does.

Are you from Kentucky originally. Maybe you will be able to get back here eventually. Sounds like your husband made the right decision about residency. Louisville surgery has the reputation of being rather old school, to put it nicely.
            Crystal--we would be happy to talk to your brother-in-law and his wife if they need any information about the area. The dental school is right across the street from the med school. Glad to hear that your husband likes anesthesia. It seems like a good speciality.

Emily

Comment

Working...
            X