Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Spedteacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spedteacher

Welcome SpedTeacher - you will find that all of us have been through some version of what you are describing. Tell us a bit more about yourself.
    Kris

Welcome! I'm so glad you set up an account, although I'm sorry it is because of the frustration you're feeling. (Although that's the very thing that brings the majority of us to this site initially.) I know I say this a lot, but one of the most irritating things to hear is the "it'll be worth it when you're rich" line. That's just stupid - no amount of money that we may or may not have years down the road can make up for the times I miss my husband. I love him much more than material things!

I hope you stick around and post often. Looking forward to getting to know you!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
      one of the most irritating things to hear is the "it'll be worth it when you're rich" line.
      Soooo true!!! Especially when the "rich" does not happen at the end of training
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am completely new to this thing, but it will be nice to communicate with others who have been there since lately I feel like no one really understands my feelings right now. My husband and I starting dating while he applied to medical school. He didnt get accepted the first year but did the 2nd time around, so we relocated from MA to CT so he could start school in NY. We married after year 1, and have been living with my family ever since. When he applied to residency programs this past winter, we narrowed the search down to 2 programs (one local so I could keep my job and for financial reasons and another in RI which was a better career move.) We talked A LOT about each and together we decided RI was the better choice. However, now that he matched there, reality set in and there are so many unknowns. Part of me would have really like staying local but could never have lived with the guilt of choosing me over his career. So now here we are, getting ready for for another relocation--and me job searching and house hunting and figuring it all out again. I am currently a special ed. preschool teacher full time, and a part time behavioral therapist working with students with autism. I just finished my MS and got certfied in CT and now moving to another state means reapplying for certification again and possibly taking more tests..ugh. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and he would do anything to make me happy, and he knows about how I feel, I just am kind of stuck in a rut right now.

Thanks for making me feel normal!

Comment

Welcome. We speak your language here! I think you're going to like what you see.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome! You will find a very supportive group here. Post frequently!
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

and nice to meet you! Don't beat yourself up for your feelings, they are totally normal!
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome to the club! I moved to be J after finishing my Masters in Texas. I too had to re-certify due to moving. We are now half way across the country from family and friends. Many of us here at IMSN have had to go through what you are going through and are here to listen.
                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Ok so I'm looking for some feedback/advice on something but I am not sure where to post the question, being that this is the only place I've written so far. Thoughts? Thanks!

Comment

Welcome!! Glad to have you.
                    Brandi
                    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

As you will come to learn, their are tiers of access according to post numbers to protect the privacy of the members and guarantee the authenticity of members. If your question is urgent, you are welcome to private message members or post in the open access forums. Otherwise, your best bet is to try to make casual conversation until the 100 post mark where you will be afforded more privacy. We here at iMSN aren't 'easy' with the intimacy on first dates.

Ha ha ha, I'm killing myself here.
                      No seriously, welcome aboard. We're a fun group.
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome aboard. I'm in CT too - sorry you're leaving town.
                        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Welcome!
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Thanks Kelly for the info.

"We at iMSN aren't 'easy' with the intimacy on first dates"--good to know I need to earn your trust!

Comment

We're a fun group, though, so enjoy the public forums, and feel free to start a thread or two. Or do some searches and "revive" some old discussions if you have something to add. We really do like getting to know new people!
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X