Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Maryland

Hi all! I'm an almost 30 year-old married to my wonderful husband, a first-year med student. He's a non-trad student- he was an electrical engineer and hated it, and I think/hope the medical field will be more his style. Since I just finished up my graduate degree, he applied to schools and we moved out from Colorado to Baltimore where I found a job and he got into school. No kids yet, just two kitties, but we're thinking of trying sometime in the near-ish future. Anyway--- I'm a little worried I'll never make it to 50 posts but I certainly could use any support or just people to chat with who know about the life of med student spouse. Thanks!

Welcome! Non-traditionally aged/second career medical family here too.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by dramy View Post
      Hi all! I'm an almost 30 year-old married to my wonderful husband, a first-year med student. He's a non-trad student- he was an electrical engineer and hated it, and I think/hope the medical field will be more his style. Since I just finished up my graduate degree, he applied to schools and we moved out from Colorado to Baltimore where I found a job and he got into school. No kids yet, just two kitties, but we're thinking of trying sometime in the near-ish future. Anyway--- I'm a little worried I'll never make it to 50 posts but I certainly could use any support or just people to chat with who know about the life of med student spouse. Thanks!
      and nice to meet you! What field are you in? Is your husband currently in medical school or is he starting in the fall?

You will make it to the post limit it will just take some patience!
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Oh - you'll hit those 50 posts in nooo time. Glad to meet you!!
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Just be an oversharing chatterbox like me--I've only been here since August! Welcome!
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you! That's quite a move for you guys. Do you have friends or family close?
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
                and nice to meet you! What field are you in? Is your husband currently in medical school or is he starting in the fall?

You will make it to the post limit it will just take some patience!
                Thanks everyone! I'm study climate. My husband is currently in med school- about 6 or 7 weeks I think until the end of first year.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                  Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you! That's quite a move for you guys. Do you have friends or family close?
                  Sadly no- although we do know a few people who moved out here after high school/college. It's definitely a change though!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome! I'm also married to a non-trad/second career med student. I know it poses some challenges. I look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you! As someone who is 2 days from graduation - I can tell you that the time really does fly!!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Welcome from another East Coaster!
                          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

We moved out here to the metro DC area from Washington state about... 7 years ago I think. Our family goes up to Baltimore to hang out in the Inner Harbor lots! Good times.
                            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Welcome!
                              Veronica
                              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                              X