Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome and congrats to making it 3rd year! I now it's exciting to start the clinical part of school.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Hi! My husband is MS4 and going into Peds. I am desperately wishing for kids, so I hope to learn from all of you about the unique experience of having children during medical training!

Comment

Hi! Welcome. It is SO nice to have a place where people "get it"!

Comment

WE definitely "get it" here - so, you have come to the right place. Welcome! Can't wait to get to know you better.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome!
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Hi and Welcome! I'll have to check out your blog.

Comment

Originally posted by dramy View Post
                Hi and Welcome! I'll have to check out your blog.
                Please do! I will have to check yours out, too!

Thanks again, all!

Comment

Howdy!
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

As the sole psych spouse, I can tell you that psych rotations are not necessarily easy. Don't be surprised if your DH doesn't want to talk about it at the end of his day.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post

As the sole psych spouse, I can tell you that psych rotations are not necessarily easy. Don't be surprised if your DH doesn't want to talk about it at the end of his day.
                      We're about 3 weeks into it now... and yes, I have definitely noticed that. He enjoys his days because he likes the doctor he is with, and he loves learning, but when I prod him for info on what he did each day he usually just says "I saw some sad stuff." And usually he doesn't want to elaborate. Most days the hours aren't bad though, so that is nice for the kids and I.

Comment

Yes, the hours are generally more family friendly -- except when your DH is on call or working nights. There have been times that my husband is working on a locked ward and I cannot visit him at work (somehow, this always happens on holidays) or when he spends the night in the ER treating "the homicidal and suicidal".
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hi! Just read your post I have been inactive on the boards for a few months but felt compelled to respond to your post. My Fiance is a MS4 and applied for residency match for Emergency Med with the Army. I have been on the last week or so, trying to catch up on everyone's status and am making it a point to stay active on here from now on Hope to "see you around"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

HI!!!
                            High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

Working...
                            X