Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Glad to find this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome,
    I am also late in responding. My name is Luanne, my husband is a Pulmonologist and I am a nurse. We live in NJ.
    Jenn, my best friend just moved to Warsaw, Indiana and she really likes it there.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

A fellow neuro wife!

Hello!

I am another neuro wife!! I know exactly what you are talking about when you say that your husband gets so excited when he talks about neurosurgery...I really think that my husband loves neurosurgery as much as he loves me!

Now, for selfish reasons, I must plug Pitt's program a little bit. First off, the wives in this department are GREAT!! It is like one big family!! There are LOTS of stay-at-home moms as well as career women. We have 2 internal medicine doctor-wives, one radiology doctor-wife, a lawyer, a business woman, a pHD in sociology and a bunch of stay-at-home moms. Everyone gets along so well, and we have so much fun together. Plus, Pittsburgh is very affordable, so you CAN stay at home without really punching pennies. AND, Pittsburgh has a GREAt children's hopsital and a wonderful hospital to have babies. (A friend of mine said that she wants to have all of her babies in Pittsburgh because she loves the hospital so much--It really looks like a hotel!) Secondly, the program is a very well-respected one with a high volume of cases. And there are plenty of research possibilities. Johnathan (my husband) has had lots of experience doing all sorts of stuff that I don't understand but that get him really "fired-up."

Beware of Seattle, UVA and the Barrow. I have heard bad things about all of them. (They work you to death and the chairmen are really tough.) Also, St. Louis is in a period of transition, so be careful there.

If you have ANY questions about anything, please let me know! And if you end up coming to Pittsburgh to rotate or interview, I would be happy to host you.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

Welcome Cheri! My husband is a KU alum, and he and I both lived in Kansas City (Lenexa KS) from 5th grade through the end of high school. He's an FP attending and we live in Russellville, Arkansas. He's got a big concrete Jayhawk on the floor in his office (it was banished from the house--I went to CU in Boulder, CO).

Comment

Eliz,
          Nice to meet you - my husband lived in Overland Park for most of his life, we're both HUGE KU fans. Although I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Buffs because a good friend of mine went there. I grew up in southeast Kansas.

One thing I love about this site is that I keep meeting more and more people that I have things in common with!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome, Cheri. I am Jennifer and my husband also happens to be originally from Kansas - Manhattan, Kansas, that is. His family are huge KSU fans and his grandparents both taught at the university. My husband doesn't care much for sports - college or pro - but it's always interesting to find others from Kansas....

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Well since everyone is bumping theirs up I had to find mine - wow, I can't beleive its been 2 1/2 years since I found this site. I guess a lot hasn't changed for us though I don't think Minnesota was on our radar back then.

Time flies!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
              X