Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Almost Dr.'s Wife...New Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Dr.'s Wife...New Here!

Hi there-

I'm engaged to a 4th year med student and anxiously awaiting match day! So excited to find out where residency will take us - but I feel like one of the only med school (almost) spouses who's career will be drastically affected. We're getting married 4 days after graduation and I just wanted to say hello...Med School has been a crazy, overwhelming experience and I have a feeling I'm in for a whole new type of crazy! Always appreciate advice.

Megan

Welcome!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome!!!!
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hi! Good luck with the Match!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Welcome!!!
            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Welcome and good luck on match day! I really had to rethink my career trajectory after match, and it was stressful, but I'm really happy with where I ended up. Hopefully you will be too!
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Welcome! Match was crazy, stressful, and exciting. I hope you get good news next month!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome! Stick around!
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm married to a 4th year too! What specialty is your fiance hoping to match into?
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

What do you do for a living? This is a great place to find people who can relate!
                      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome!
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Hi, I was you a year ago. I was a scientist with a great job. I married my husband right before we moved to St. Louis for his residency. It's been a struggle finding a new job with the current job market. But now, I see it as an opportunity to find something new that I will have a greater passion for. I'm excited to explore options I had never considered before.

Comment

Jodi, that's how I look at it too! I plan on moving with my BF for residency. I HATE my current job, so I'm almost using it as an excuse to get out of this place and explore new options. Good luck
                            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

He's looking at IM programs and I'm in advertising sales. NYC is really where you want to be in ad sales...and our #1 program is NOT here. We talked it through, and the way I see it, I'd always wonder if he could have matched there and if I held him back if we hadn't ranked it #1 and he would have always wondered (and maybe resented me) too. I'm pretty ok with most of the rest of our Match list...fingers crossed!

Who knows how things will turn out, or what doors I'm not even seeing could open! We've also dicussed being long distance (3 hours drive) for the first year or so until we figure it out, should things fall that way. But I'm really just trying to not stress over the next three weeks and just let it happen! Oh yeah, and then start thinking about the fact we're getting married a few days after graduation

Comment

Working...
                              X