Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi everyone! I'm getting married to my medical student 2 weeks before he graduates. Match day is less than a week away and I'm so excited to finally know where life, and his career, will be taking us. He's going into Pediatrics and hoping to specialize in Pulmonology, so I'm looking at 6 years of craziness.

I think this website is wonderful, it's comforting to know that I'll have some people to turn to that know exactly how I may feel. I can't wait to gain all of the insight that I'm sure it will bring!

Stephanie

Welcome!
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome to the group, Stephanie!

Comment

Welcome Stephanie221! I'm new too. Congratulations on the upcoming match, getting married and graduation!
        PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Welcome! I'm eagerly awaiting the match as well!
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Welcome! Hope you match in Texas...that is where all the cool people are
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome! How exciting! Do you have a flexible job, or will you be looking for a new one when you move? Good luck with Match, wedding, etc.! Looking forward to getting to know you!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome!
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Welcome! I too am getting married soon, although we are half way through residency. Good luck next week!
                  -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                  Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                  Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Hey!! Welcome! Good luck with the match and your wedding - how exciting!!
                    High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

I actually manage a Borders store in Michigan that's closing, I was planning on leaving shortly after the wedding and searching for a new job but now I'll have a few more weeks to pack for the move and prepare for the wedding. I really want to start a masters program soon, but will probably just find a job the first year of his residency.

I really set out to goto law school but with Michigan's economy it's really hard to find a legal position so I might do a masters in Public Administration, but all of my friends keep telling me that I should become an event planner. I have kind of a blank slate right now which is scary and exciting at the same time!

Comment

Hi there! Good luck with match! I'm currently in an MPA program and married to a peds resident who wants to do ICU (lots of pulm there).
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I'm married to a 4th year too! Congrats on the upcoming wedding!
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

and nice to meet you! Are you hoping to stay in MI for residency?

And the law market is tough everywhere!
                            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome! Getting married around graduation too! Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                              X