Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi! Finally filled this out! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Finally filled this out! :)

Heyyy! New here...and I feel preposterous introducing myself this way...definitely new to the blog/forum thing but I'm excited about it! This seems like a great website....I've been enjoying and laughing/learning from all the posts for the past couple months!!!

Umm...how much background am I supposed to share? Someone please give me a heads-up when everyone stops caring lol: Here goes: Significant Other/Boyfriend (really appreciated ModestKelly's acronym question and all the helpful replies!) is a first year surgery resident. He's 31 and I'm 25, we are both from the same city but didn't meet until he was doing a rotation at the hospital where I work. Allegedly it is a cute story...and sometime when everyone is REALLY bored---or PMSing and in need of a chick-flick like vignette--ill share it jkjk! Anyway, I am semi-aware of what I'm 'getting into' as my job requires me to work in the surgical residency program (not his though! probably a good thing...!!) but it is greaaattt to read everyone's experiences and suggestions and I know ill need all the support I can get...from people who know better! Very much looking forward to learning more!!

No kids, but I'm a nanny to two of the sweetest little girls on the planet!!! And also mom to a sweet little rescue chihuahua named Belle! She's currently by my side humping away at her stuffed duck....no shame at all

Hope everyone is having a good dayyyy! It's been raining non-stop here, so hopefully everyone else is seeing that spring sunshine!!!!

Welcome! Love your pup picture!

Can't wait to hear more from you. My DH is starting surgery residency in July so you might be a great person for me to catch up with at times! I'm a teacher now, but nannied in the past - how old are the girls you nanny for?

Comment

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

You'll fit right in around here! Glad you came out of lurking!
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome! My BF will be starting his general surgery internship in July!

Nice to have another non-married one in the bunch.
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Welcome!
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Hi and Welcome! My DF is a Gen Surg Res and I am a nanny for two families.
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome to the group!

Comment

Welcome from someone FINALLY on the other end of the journey!
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Welcome! Glad you're here and posting!
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome! What kind of work do you do at the hospital?
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Welcome!
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from a survivor of GS residency!
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X