Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, you have definitely found the right place for support. I'm glad you found us early in the process. What are you studying? Check out the site and post away, we look forward to getting to know you and support you.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thank You

It sure is hard at times to be so far away from Joe. I don't know how we have managed to keep our relationship going this past year. Like Mrs.MdEsq said every time we do get to spend time together it is like a romantic get away, but I often find myself at times yearning for a "normal" relationship.

I know that the next couple of years won't be easy at all and sometimes I feel like a needy childish person when I don't get to talk to him as much as I like. As time has progressed I have gotten used to being alone, but being the sentimental mush that I am I wish that things could be different....and I wish he was at least a car ride away and not 2 plane rides away.

There have been times when I have questioned this relationship...as I am sure some of you have.. but being that this is Joe's first year as of now I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel and it depresses me sometimes

But, thank you for the welcoming... being able to express my anxieties on here feels good. I find it hard to explain my situation to people who are not in my situation. Often times I find people who are cynical about LDR'S and then even more cynical on me planning my life with a man who wants to become a DR.

Thank You...Thank You

-Marcia

Comment

Although we are pretty new in the process compared to many on this site, I have to say - you have to learn to be alone even if you live in the same house. The lifestyle dictates everything and if you want to live, you plan to do it alone so as to avoid disappointment.
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Marcia - We get the weirdness. All of it. A lot of us have dealt with long-distance crapfests, even if it's just during away rotations. We speak your language 'round here. Feel free to vent and post often. I promise that someone else can relate.

ETA: Crystal is 100% correct. Medicine is a fickle bitch and being an independent peep helps a ton.
          Last edited by diggitydot; 07-15-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Ladies-- You have no idea how GRATEFUL I am to have your feedback. I actually took what Crystal said and really thought about it... this is not only a choice of who we choose to have as life partners but also the lifestyle. With the lifestyle come certain adjustments.. and being independent is one of them. I think a lot of what I am going through is growing pains... but everyday everything is a little bit better and easier.. I feel lucky to have a partner who despite the difference calls me 2-3X's a day and is always willing to talk anything out.. I actually told J about this place and he feels happy to know I have found a support group..

Comment

I found this site shortly after I married, and we will be married 11 years in November. My husband always credits this site with the success of our marriage!!!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                I found this site shortly after I married, and we will be married 11 years in November. My husband always credits this site with the success of our marriage!!!!
                Just had to say this made me smile!

Comment

that made me smile too! cheers to you

Comment

Welcome! We did long distance for awhile too, though it was before med school and only a 3-4 hour distance. Sucks, but you will survive and you'll appreciate your time together more!
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome!! This site is a godsend for me and I hope it will be for you too!
                      Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

Working...
                      X