Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi,
    I have been here before -- when my husband was in residency several years ago, I posted rarely, but read a lot and found great support. Since then we: finished residency, finished one fellowship, moved cross country, finished another fellowship, and now finished one year of attending-life. Oye! I've come searching again for some folks that get it -- the debt of med school and training years on credit, the moving, the single-parent with a grown man's laundry thing, the compromises, the isolation. The wine and roses aren't anywhere to be seen, I knew to expect that, but would really like to connect with people who understand.

About me: We've got 3 kids (7, 2.5, 1) and up until a few months ago I worked full-time. I just cut back to part-time and am trying to figure out if that is a good balance or not. I like my job a lot and want to figure out a way to make it work without ignoring my kids. And we've got quite a mountain of debt to tame, so my jobs helps a bit. My family lives out of state -- but his just moved cross-country to "be near the grandkids" (and they are also broke). So we have some family nearby now...

Looking forward to getting to know you more,
    Willow

Stick around and post often! You're in good company.
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome "home"!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome back! I'm so sorry things aren't going very smoothly. It's so easy to fall into thinking that everything will be better after residency, but we have lots of people here who get it. Looking forward to getting to know you!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

back!

Nice to meet you!
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome back!!!!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

back!
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Nice to meet you!
                    High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

Welcome back!
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Hello.
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by WillowWife View Post
                            Hi,
                            -- the debt of med school and training years on credit, the moving, the single-parent with a grown man's laundry thing, the compromises, the isolation. The wine and roses aren't anywhere to be seen, I knew to expect that, but would really like to connect with people who understand.
                            Willow
                            OMG, I swear I read this and laughed out loud, LOUDLY with tears in my eyes! Yes, it is becoming more and more apparent that we are all in the same boat and that we all do get it. <hugs>

Comment

Working...
                            X